An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

Blessed be God!

Here we go again. :)

Halfway through a night in the newsroom. Feeling especially blessed to have a very short week this week. I work tomorrow, then I'm done til Sunday.

On Wednesday I'm going up to visit sixpence for the afternoon! :yahoo: I haven't seen her since the end of last summer, so that'll be fun. I think it's great that the friendships started at the meetup are still solid.

Brian's meeting me at Sixpence's place, then we're going back to NY together for the holiday weekend. I'm super pumped.

The first of the month always motivates me. It's always a little reminder that I can start fresh.

Last thing: our latest photo, from the night we went to the Divine Liturgy and celebrated B's birthday. We are getting classy in our old age. I like the idea of starting all my new threads with pics...

1016822_10151427971391594_733984439_n.jp

FutureCarmeliteClaire

So I've been meaning to post this somewhere, but I never did, so I figured this thread should be where it's at. ;)

I'm one of those people who constantly apologizes for things that shouldn't even be apologized for (being clumsy, goofy, sometimes slow, etc). Really it comes down to apologizing for being an "authentic" version of me. So anyway, I'm at the store a few days ago, checking out, and I slide my card in the little machine so I can pay. I thought I was done with the little process on the pin pad, and I forgot to press the "continue" button. A few seconds later I realized I forgot and was holding the line up, so I say to the cashier, "Oh, I'm sorry!!" and she looks me right in the eye and says, "Don't be!" so I start lifting the bags into my cart and she looks at me right in the eye again with a smile on her face and says, "Save 'I'm sorry' for the big stuff." It was weird how much I needed to hear that.

Cashiers are so insightful sometimes. ^__^

PS I LOVE that picture of you two cuties!

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

missionseeker

This morning, I got up and was doing some stuff on the computer. My dog comes in and starts whining. I thought she maybe needed to go outside but since it's raining she won't go. So she goes and lays back down in my room and within seconds comes out and is whining again. So I took my computer in my room and she laid down and went back to sleep... 

Crock pot mac n cheese in progress...it looks OK...we shall see. So glad Brian lets me fool around and make messes in the kitchen. I need more of this.

We are dead tired but happy. Having a potluck today. Finally get to bust open that bottle of bubbly we were given for our engagement. :woot:

Tomorrow, this: www.liyouthconference.com

Hope that turns out well for you!   :cheeese:    I generally do my mac & cheese in the oven, and will share recipe if asked!

I do more stews, pot roasts and soups and stuff like that in the crock pot.   I'm toying with the idea of trying a plum pudding next fall.....

Missy....The absolutely BEST crock pot book cookbook I ever had is this one -- and you can get it for a couple of bucks plus postage!  (But use the Phatmass link...)

http://www.amazon.com/Mike-Roys-Crock-Cookery-Roy/dp/0517537621/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373067780&sr=8-1&keywords=crock+pot+cookbook+paperback%2C+Mike

As some of the comments on Amazon indicate, what sets this one apart is that it gives you the ins and outs of how to have crock-cooked stuff come out tasting like real food rather than.... boiled whatever.   He says that what he did was go back to remembering how HIS grandmother did stuff in a dutch oven on the back of the stove... and never lifted the lid.  he applies the same principles she did.. and the stuff is MAGIC!!!!!!

That is why when I get stuff like beef stew meat, I brown it in a little flour and some seasonings before I freeze it.... then it is ready for me to put veges, meat, a little liquid in the pot, and turn it on and have something WONDERFUL at the end of the day....   YUP!

YOU ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY!!!!!!

missionseeker

I PASSED FRESH MEAT ASSESSMENT SKILLS TEST!!!!! 

i'M A LEVEL ONE ROLLER DERBY STATUS NOW!!!!

I have to be Level 3 to bout, but, I'M NO LONG FRESH MEAT!!! 

TheresaThoma

I PASSED FRESH MEAT ASSESSMENT SKILLS TEST!!!!! 

i'M A LEVEL ONE ROLLER DERBY STATUS NOW!!!!

I have to be Level 3 to bout, but, I'M NO LONG FRESH MEAT!!! 

I really don't know what this means but CONGRATS!