An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

Missy P said:   "  :disguise:  "

AL responded:

like the new glasses, Missy..... ;)

Edited by AnneLine

It's my disguise so no one knows I'm here.  :disguise:  :paperbag:

Annie, I owe you a PM. I had meant to tell you about the wedding stuff and then the family stuff went down and ... TOMORROW I will write you. Yes.

Take your time, Cara, you don't owe me nuffin'.

I'm actually gonna have to be DISCIPLINED over the next few days because I have a ton of deadlines between now & Monday.  So take your time, as I can't be around here too much.

Holding you & your family in my heart :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

Mel, I could use your and Brian's honest opinions (since you won't be living in the area any more).  Rowan University, is it a good place to work?  One of my specializations is one of the ones they list.

Edit:  Never mind.  Someone didn't inform a higher ed job site to take it down by a certain date.

• 3 weeks later...

The thread is honored by your visit.... and you have refurbished it beautifully, L&T!!!!!

I suspect the problem is Turkey Coma Time.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OH HEY YOU GUYS.

Happy new year. I felt like digging this up just for kicks.

The end of last year was beyond rough for my family -- we suffered two very significant deaths as well as a sudden divorce right before Christmas. I was very blessed to be able to share the holidays with Brian's family. It gave me a chance to get away from all the sadness and try to make the most of it. My parents and I had a good time with Grandma, though, and there's talk of the family possibly getting together in the summer since we didn't have a Christmas party.

That said, the new year couldn't have come at a better time. It was an instant sigh of relief to know that everything is behind us and I can try to move forward. So far, so good ... it's been a very healthy start to 2014.

Brian and I trucked into NYC on the 4th. It was just my 3rd time in New York, and my first time ever taking public transportation. After my initial anxiety subsided I was really excited to be tackling the trains. It was also significantly cheaper for me because of disabled pricing ... can't complain!

I loved the trains, but the subway in NYC was a bit much. We talked about the eventual possibility of me taking the trains into Long Island and decided B could meet me in New York so I wouldn't have to navigate the insanity that is Penn Station by myself. That's a longterm goal, though — for now I'll stick to taking small trips with friends.

I got to see Cardinal Dolan speak at a holy hour that day at Catholic Underground in NYC. The Franciscan Friars are awesome. They belong on the radio. 

Adoration was special. We ended up in the front row because we arrived hours earlier and went to Mass (actually sat in the pews afterward and ate because we didn't want to lose our seats. Once the holy hour started, the acoustics were amazing and everyone singing reminded me of what we're looking forward to in heaven ... it was a profoundly beautiful moment that I hope sticks with me for a while.

Oh, and Audrey Assad was there. No big deal. ;) I give her so many props for playing an hour long show while standing up and six months pregnant. She's amazing. :love: :cloud9:

Right before Thanksgiving Brian and I did the FOCCUS part of Pre-Cana. Basically it's a 180-question agree/disagree/unsure survey asking all kinds of relationship questions. It's not super preachy and covers money, family, conflict, children, faith, sex, life goals, etc. So by Christmas the results were in. We sat down with a married couple and talked over the areas where our answers were out of sync ... got some great insight from their 35 years of marriage. They weren't perfect -- married at 17 and 18 because she got pregnant -- but God worked through all those experiences to lead them both back to the Church. Now they help with marriage prep. :) I learned so much from them and am looking forward to seeing them again when we do the parish program Feb. 15.

Currently courting a florist and DJ. Will book both sometime in March. Looking to start NFP classes(!!!!!!!) late spring. Sweet baby Jesus I'm being trusted with the responsibility of creating life. When did I get old enough for this??? 

I've been charting seriously for about 18 months now because I really want to get a good grasp of it before the wedding approaches and stress makes everything go haywire. :hehe: 

...Back to work...love to all of you, my phamily. <3

OH AND.

I also went to West Virginia to meet Claire. :love: We spent the day together, went to Mass, then did dinner and ice cream with her dad and one of her baby sisters. Such a great time.

Girl is such a boss and so is her family. I love her. And being together was the most natural thing in the world...as I've found with every Phatmasser I've met.

1484166_417655038336874_1589880800_n.jpg

Edited by MissyP89

Picture is SO cool. ^_^

Yeah, Katie and I have to look into starting NFP pretty soon here also. And yeah, planning a wedding. So crazy. Even though it's gonna be 7 long months until the actual thing, it feels like we get 2 weeks. Because we actually only get another 2 weeks of together-in-person time before the wedding happens. O_o

Good to hear from you it sounds like you have been busy.

Wedding planning is essentially controlled chaos at times, my sister is getting married and all the little details are crazy (picking out a guest book, choosing paper colors....). I try to help out where I can.