An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Oh yeah... and you and the drug addict are completely equal... its called the Gospel... you might want to read it.

Pardon me for not being a sola scriptura fundamentalist who cherry-picks a verse and ignores the rest, but not all sins are equal.  The epistle of St. John says that although all wrongdoing is sin, not all sin is deadly (the whole mortal and venial sin thing), and St. Paul singled out fornication as a sin to avoid in 1 Corinthians 6.  And aside from the fact that it represents a "line crossed", in singling out fornication, he reminds us about taking members of Christ's body and making them members of a prostitute. In fornication, a part of you that is reserved for your spouse is shared with someone you are not supposed to share it with; someone has a part of you that really is supposed to be only for your spouse. 

Another thing I want to ask:  several people refer to "the Church's definition of male virginity".  Please refer me to the official Church document/canon law canon that officially defines what makes a male a virgin, because I remember seeing a book that was used in the seminary system in which it listed various sexual behaviors from a study that virgins engaged in, and that included stimulation, which i would assume to include masturbation. 

Edited by Norseman82

Sister Marie

I don't know why you quoted me... we are all equal in the dignity with which we have been given by God as human beings... do you disagree with that? 

Norseman, shut up about virginity plz.

Concerning equality, you really do not understand the inherent equal dignity of human persons, do you?

Sister Marie

I assumed all Catholics believed what I wrote... since its true... and has nothing to do with Sola Scriptura... we are all equal... and we are all sinners...

You are equal with me in human dignity as is the OP and Arf and everyone else in this thread... we all have been given the great gift of dignity.

What about that do you disagree with?

Norseman, shut up about virginity plz.

Why should I?  Are you going to come to Chicago and make me shut up?

I assumed all Catholics believed what I wrote... since its true... and has nothing to do with Sola Scriptura... we are all equal... and we are all sinners...

You are equal with me in human dignity as is the OP and Arf and everyone else in this thread... we all have been given the great gift of dignity.

What about that do you disagree with?

Not all sins are equal, as I pointed out.

Sister Marie

I wasn't talking about sins... I was clearly talking about persons... so do you disagree that all of us are equal?

35 pages of useless arguing and none of the virgins in this thread are any closer to getting a wife...in fact, they've alienated any possible virgin who they might have found on Phatmass.

Why should I?  Are you going to come to Chicago and make me shut up?

hahahahahahaha 

Sister Marie

Era Might, your posts have been great and I've been meaning to tell you that... good job!

Same to you Arfink!

Tempting...

What are you going to do, throw me down a well like the evil princes of Judah did to Jeremiah when he reminded them of some truths they did not like to hear?