An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

To Jesus Through Mary

I would avoid a woman who was raped, partially because of the virginity issue but also due to all of the psychological problems that you see in that population.  It is not too uncommon to see rape victims who are extremely promiscuous, because that is one way they feel they are "in control" of the situation.  I have already encountered females with psychological problems.  I'm not looking to repeat the past again.

I only read through 20 pages of this BS- so someone may have already covered this, but frankly I was too irritated to read the rest of this gibberish. I am going to say this for the benefit of lurkers and other posters. A virgin rape or incest victim is still a virgin in the eyes of the Church and thus of God. Your standard is irrelevant, but you are not the measure of truth. Your reasoning of psychological problems would be the same if she wasn't penetrated in her abuse. So then you would have to eliminate anyone who had any sort of sexual abuse. So your kink to make sure your wife has a hymen when you get married is a separate issue. But own it- don't victim shame because you have a particular twist.

I will tell you right now, rape victims are some of the most courageous people with a absolute determination to survive. That determination would make an amazing wife that would stick it through thick and thin. We are not some sort of cancer to a marriage. Nor should we be punished for the action of another person- that is purely unjust. At the risk of being uncharitable, I will stop here. But your ignorance is mind blowing. Please be careful how you speak about survivors in the future- you never know who is one and how deeply you may hurt them with your words. 

Oh an your griping about other people giving you a hard time about your "standard"- you put this on the Debate Table. Not us. 

homeschoolmom

Well I happened to live with the mentally ill for a while and I can say that they are a NIGHTMARE to live with.  It was an inferno that brought out the very worst in me.  I only had additional problems/complications in life because of them.  I have every right to avoid them the way I would a rabid dog or a person with AIDS.

Again I will ask this question. Please don't avoid it. What would you do if your own child had a mental illness? Having children is a complete crapshoot. You have NO say whatsoever in their mental health.

I have every right to avoid them the way I would a rabid dog or a person with AIDS.

"Whatever you did for the least of these"

Oh hey didn't Jesus say that or something?

Bah, he was just some bum, what did he know. 

KnightofChrist

Well I happened to live with the mentally ill for a while and I can say that they are a NIGHTMARE to live with.  It was an inferno that brought out the very worst in me.  I only had additional problems/complications in life because of them.  I have every right to avoid them the way I would a rabid dog or a person with AIDS.

I lived with souls who suffered with the earthly purgatory of mental illnesses. I can say it was a cross to bare, but I embraced it, and it brought out the best, Christ, in me. When the 'nightmares' and 'infernos' would come I found joy and peace instead. Far too many people today still look at the mentally handicapped with condescension and look at them as though they were cursed. But I know, I know, if one looks hard enough with the eyes of Faith and Love, one can still see the beauty of the person's soul, and their humanity. I recall when my grandmother's mental prowess began to slip away. Old friends and some family abandoned her, treated her as though she wasn't really human. But I could see in her eyes she was still there, some days that shined through the darkness that clouded her mind more than others, but there was always a ray or two of her that would shine through. One only needed to look for it with the eyes of Faith.

I've gone from disgust, to amusement, to genuinely feeling bad for this guy. (At first I felt bad for the girl that might end up with him, but the only girls taht would consider dating him won't meet his ridiculous requirements. She'd have to be a little jacked up mentally or a really traditional catholic who I'm sure would not like his rants against stay-at-home mothers).

Seriously, I've not met a professing Christian who is so painfully ignorant of sacrificial love and so utilitarian.

Polksie, I'm not sure why you continue to be here if you refuse to listen to the dozens of people who are telling you that you need an attitude adjustment. That's fine. Make use of those other avenues to find women. I am confident you will fail and the only reason I'm happy about that is because I'd be worried about a woman who would end up with you. You give such priority to your own self-interests and to think this will magically disappear once you get married to the woman who passes all your tests, is batshit insane.

Here's what's likely to happen: women are gonna run the hell away from you when you share these things with them. There is no woman without significant mental health problems who will give you the time of day. This will likely make you bitter and frustrated, but you'll have options: seek help, change, learn how to love better (a lesson we could all use really), or you will be stubborn and be alone for the rest of your natural life. I'm just talking real here.

And my apologies if my posts have been rude. I have a bad habit of being a snarky expletive on the internet sometimes, and I was convinced you were an atheist trolling about the insanity of the church's sexual ethos. But I really hope that years down the road you will take some of these folks' advice so you will learn to love better and find happiness with someone.

Payce

Most here would agree he has a right to his preferences -- no matter the level of ignorance -- and would probably not think twice about how ridiculous he is IF NOT FOR his attitude. His attitude is the worst part. But then, you probably don't understand how any of this relates to anything since you didn't read the thread. (Still cannot understand why people choose to post on message boards without reading the MESSAGES.)

yup :like: 

CatholicsAreKewl

Seriously, I've not met a professing Christian who is so painfully ignorant of sacrificial love and so utilitarian.

You've never met a politician?

You've never met a politician?

lol. I chose my words poorly. I've only had like 3 hrs of shleep.

But in all seriousness the OP is not unique in his utilitarian leanings among those who take Catholicism or christianity seriously, I've just not seen it taken to this weird extreme.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Brohoofs. The dude is probably just a troll. If so, I applaud your dedication to trolling, dude.

CatholicsAreKewl

lol. I chose my words poorly. I've only had like 3 hrs of shleep.

But in all seriousness the OP is not unique in his utilitarian leanings among those who take Catholicism or christianity seriously, I've just not seen it taken to this weird extreme.

... so you've never met a politician.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

So a not-so-funny story, since it's been a while since we invoked Godwin's Law.  I had to wait to go in to the office today because I had to renew my lease this morning.  While I was waiting I had the Hitler or Aliens History Channel on as background noise while I cleaned.  I unfortunately thought of this thread as they described the "pure Aryan" pedigree needed to join the SS and started listing the requirements.  You know what?  I feel guilty that my mind made the association, but still posting it.

35 pages of useless arguing and none of the virgins in this thread are any closer to getting a wife...in fact, they've alienated any possible virgin who they might have found on Phatmass.

Actually I think that I, another male virgin or two, and all the female virgin posters haven't alienated too many people, but I may be misjudging things. That said, unless God works in mysterious ways, I'm doubting I'll ever meet my future wife on PM, but you never know.

CatholicsAreKewl

I would never marry a virgin. <--- See, you have to play hard to get. Virgins love that.