An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Anastasia13

The OP has some good reasons to want to marry a virgin, but love is also a risk, virgin or not. Marriage will take work, whether we like it or not. It's good to want something that won't be harder than it has to be, but I think a lot of people here would agree that character and who someone is today counts more than who they were 10 years ago. Find your compatibility with who someone is today, the attitude and pattern of who they live their life. That will show you who they are more than a mistake they maybe made once in high school or college. If you worry about whether or not people have truly repented, take time to get to know them, but that is wise in almost any relationship, especially if one or both had a rocky past somewhere. You will find the kind of person that you are looking for wherever strong Catholics might be found, church, young adult groups, Catholic clubs at school, online, etc. Remember the character and purity in a woman's life protects her virginity, but it is also more important than the hymen between her legs because character makes a relationship work more than hymen. Commitment, compatibility, love, knowing and being there for each other, these things make a relationship special besides just being the first, and that is why being the last is even more important than being the first.

Of course if any of you married people want to correct that paragraph, please do.

Norseman,

This topic is obviously your crusade in life, but I don't know what you hope to accomplish.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is for people to get off Polskieserce's case.  He's got valid points, and maybe he could find someone compatible if people would stop attacking him and instead start supporting him.

You see yourself as a remnant, the last of a dying breed. The church does not require anyone to be a virgin to marry. So your standard is just your personal preference, nothing more. Nobody is required by the church to follow your course of action, and never have been, so there is no reason to "convert" anyone to your position.

And neither is anyone required to follow the other course of action (a virgin has to marry a non-virgin).  But whenever a virgin states that he/she does not want to marry a non-virgin, he/she gets jumped all over.

Edited by Norseman82

What I'm trying to accomplish here is for people to get off Polskieserce's case.  He's got valid points, and maybe he could find someone compatible if people would stop attacking him and instead start supporting him.

And neither is anyone required to follow the other course of action (a virgin has to marry a non-virgin).

We all agree that nobody has any right to tell you who to marry. It's just personal preference (emphasis on the "personal" part...it's nobody else's business what you do in your personal life, especially on a public phorum).

What "support" do you want for Polskieserce? This is not a dating service. Since nobody has to agree with him, and nobody here shares his standard, then he's come to the wrong place for "support."

Since you and Polskieserce share the same standard, why not communicate privately and support each other? I don't understand what kind of "support" you expect to get from people who do not share your views, and are under no obligation to. The only thing that will come of this conversation is multiple pages of back and forth arguing over nothing.

Anastasia13

Since you and Polskieserce share the same standard, why not communicate privately and support each other? I don't understand what kind of "support" you expect to get from people who do not share your views, and are under no obligation to. The only thing that will come of this conversation is multiple pages of back and forth arguing over nothing.

What? You disagree! Keep it to yourself. We don't allow diverse opinions to be discussed here.

Since nobody has to agree with him, and nobody here shares his standard, then he's come to the wrong place for "support."

If that's truly the case, then that shows how far most Catholics have sunk in today's world.

Edited by Norseman82

Sometimes, when you are massively alone in your views, it's a cue that the problem is with you, not with everyone else. That's especially true in dating.

At one time in the 300s, the vast majority of the Christian Church (I've heard figures as high as to 98%) subscribed to the Arian heresy. 

The vast majority can be wrong.

Edited by Norseman82

If that's truly the case, then that shows how far most Catholics have sunk in today's world.

"Hi pretty lady, are you a Catholic who has sunk so far as to believe I would marry you if you're not a virgin, or are you the other kind of Catholic? If you're the other kind, let's go on a date."

That's essentially what you're proposing.

You believe you're the last vestige of Catholic morality. Nothing anyone says is going to change your conviction that you are God's gift to virgin women (literally), and non-virgins are just Santa's Helpers leftover gifts.

Anyway, argue away. If you want SUPPORT, feel free to PM me. I don't share your worldview, but if it's someone to vent on you're looking for, I'm here. If it's an argument to win, post to your heart's content. But I don't see anything here to argue about, except your personal life, which is none of my business. So I have nothing more to say.

Edited by Era Might

In response to OP: Sad to say, I don't think you will find the single lady you are looking for here. Most have already said no in this thread and others similar to it. (yes, we have this conversation at least twice a year around here) The rest want to be nuns. ;)

"Hi pretty lady, are you a Catholic who has sunk so far as to believe I would marry you if you're not a virgin, or are you the other kind of Catholic? If you're the other kind, let's go on a date."

That's essentially what you're proposing.

You believe you're the last vestige of Catholic morality. Nothing anyone says is going to change your conviction that you are God's gift to virgin women (literally), and non-virgins are just Santa's Helpers leftover gifts.

Anyway, argue away. If you want SUPPORT, feel free to PM me. I don't share your worldview, but if it's someone to vent on you're looking for, I'm here. If it's an argument to win, post to your heart's content. But I don't see anything here to argue about, except your personal life, which is none of my business. So I have nothing more to say.

So now you don't feel I should keep it to myself?  You sure changed your tune, lucky for you. 

You're the one bringing my personal life up here on this thread; my purpose was to get people off Polskieserce's case and instead realize that they are the ones in error.  But hey, if you're still mad about losing the Cup.......

(yes, we have this conversation at least twice a year around here)

"You need one every 5 or 10 years.  Clears out the bad blood".  (For those that know teh movie reference)

The rest want to be nuns. ;)

Well, Polskieserce, this may be another place to look - stand in front of a convent and wait for someone who is "discerning out".  (The last lady I dated broke up with me to go into a religious community).

(The last lady I dated broke up with me to go into a religious community).

Must have been one Hell of a bad date.

Sister Marie

Well, Polskieserce, this may be another place to look - stand in front of a convent and wait for someone who is "discerning out". (The last lady I dated broke up with me to go into a religious community).

Virginity is not required to enter religious life.