An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Virginity is not required to enter religious life.

So what you're telling me is that some people have higher standards for marriage than God Himself.

Sister Marie

So what you're telling me is that some people have higher standards for marriage than God Himself.

Wow- I would have never made that jump myself- how clever!! Haha

Wow- I would have never made that jump myself- how clever!! Haha

It's my particular idiom.

You're the one bringing my personal life up here on this thread;

Your comment about people with "checkered pasts" might have been considered a veiled personal attack as well. I much prefer people who insult out in the open to passive aggression.

I'm a virgin, and I find both your opinions and the op's opinions disturbing and unattractive. I would rather date a gay who has screwed up before but is striving for virtue in the present, than virgins who whine about all the silly sallies running around today and about how they've held out and are getting screwed out of some prize they thought they were earning.

eta: lmao I meant "a guy" not "a gay" but actually, I still might prefer to date a gay over the self-righteous virginz

Edited by Ice_nine

Your comment about people with "checkered pasts" might have been considered a veiled personal attack as well. I much prefer people who insult out in the open to passive aggression.

I'm a virgin, and I find both your opinions and the op's opinions disturbing and unattractive. I would rather date a gay who has screwed up before but is striving for virtue in the present, than virgins who whine about all the silly sallies running around today and about how they've held out and are getting screwed out of some prize they thought they were earning.

eta: lmao I meant "a guy" not "a gay" but actually, I still might prefer to date a gay over the self-righteous virginz

More evidence of how far standards have fallen among Catholics these days...

Pick a voluntary sin. This isn't difficult.

Oh, my bad.

Sex offenders - not the "urinating-in-public-type" but the "raping women/men-and-touching-children-type" - are sadly next to impossible to rehabilitate, whether or not they're sincere about changing. The subject is just too complex to use.

props.

We all agree that nobody has any right to tell you who to marry. It's just personal preference (emphasis on the "personal" part...it's nobody else's business what you do in your personal life, especially on a public phorum).

What "support" do you want for Polskieserce? This is not a dating service. Since nobody has to agree with him, and nobody here shares his standard, then he's come to the wrong place for "support."

Since you and Polskieserce share the same standard, why not communicate privately and support each other? I don't understand what kind of "support" you expect to get from people who do not share your views, and are under no obligation to. The only thing that will come of this conversation is multiple pages of back and forth arguing over nothing.

props. again.

(can we seriously get props back?!)

Blessed are the pure of heart, as long as they're uncompromising jackasses about it.

see? I told you that your vacation agreed with you. ;) 

More evidence of how far standards have fallen among Catholics these days...

I'm sorry you don't like being Catholic anymore.

i totally lol'd at this whole post. :hehe: 

see? I told you that your vacation agreed with you. ;)

I was at least this funny since always.

Anastasia13

boredom? :unsure:

http://youtu.be/CSRMJtM2-WI

http://youtu.be/gjjY3n5WlRk

Edited by Light and Truth

Seriously, why is this thread still going on?

Two primary reasons:

1) I usually avoid Debate Table like the plague and I'm not sure how far to let everything fly, so I'm waiting for Dust or Roamin to make a judgement on this thread when they see it.  Which leads to...

2) Nobody has actually reported a single post in this entire thread.  

I will say as a male virgin, I've found some of the posts...unsettling.

(Deleted a double post of this without the quote from L&T)

Edit:  Added the word "usually".