An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelite Nuns, Christoval, Texas

ACS67

I wonder if the sisters have close relations with the Hermits of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel in Christoval, Texas

They had a solemn profession on July 20th :winner:  and the community looks like its doing well. 

The Sisters said they see them every now and then.  The hermits live about 25-30 minutes away from the Sisters.  The hermits are much closer to town (what little town there is! :) Christoval only has roughly 500+ people in it! LOL).   I heard they (the hermits) make great jams. 

I'm going to put this out there for anyone who might be around the North Dakota Minnesota border.  The Carmelites of Wahpeton (the mother house for the Christoval Carmelites) are having a pilgrimage in honor of the Assumption on Sunday 8/11/13.  More information here

The Sisters said they see them every now and then.  The hermits live about 25-30 minutes away from the Sisters.  The hermits are much closer to town (what little town there is! :) Christoval only has roughly 500+ people in it! LOL).   I heard they (the hermits) make great jams. 

If only they were on my side of the planet  :sad: