An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investiture Dsmme

Totally Franciscan

Totally Franciscan

Does anyone know when the postulants of the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist will be invested in the holy habit?  I have been all over their website, and I can find no info on that.  They have Solemn Profession and First Profession dates to come, but I see nothing about Investiture.

TheresaThoma

I think it typically happens a little while after vows but before entrance. I don't think they normally announce the date since investiture is a more private event. 

This is what I could find as far as dates in the years past:

Two years ago (so those now making first vows) they were invested at the beginning of August (sometime before Aug 4th, based off of the availability of pictures).

Sr Lisa entered on the 27th of August last year.

So my guess is sometime early to Mid-August. 

TheresaThoma

Ok I stand corrected (I went back through some emails discussing the investiture of a friend there). Two years ago they were invested August 1st, and that was before first and final vows. Soooo if they stick to that it means they might be invested this coming week!

Totally Franciscan

With the investiture ceremony private, I see why it would not be posted on their website.  Thank you for taking the time to research this, Mater and Theresatoma. 

Also, I have been on EWTN and the Friars websites and can find nothing about their professions and investiture.  They usually have their ceremonies on Aug 2.  They have them on TV, so it definitely is not a private ceremony.  If I understand correctly, they will have two novices making First Profession, and one postulant receiving the habit. 

Kayte Postle

With the investiture ceremony private, I see why it would not be posted on their website.  Thank you for taking the time to research this, Mater and Theresatoma. 

Also, I have been on EWTN and the Friars websites and can find nothing about their professions and investiture.  They usually have their ceremonies on Aug 2.  They have them on TV, so it definitely is not a private ceremony.  If I understand correctly, they will have two novices making First Profession, and one postulant receiving the habit. 

TF are you talking about the PCPA's? The DSMME's have quite a few more postulants receiving the habit (14+ this year, I think?).

Totally Franciscan

Hi Kayte, no.  I am talking about the Friars, The Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word.

I believe it is going to be the evening of July 30 but not positive and there are 14 current postulants and 9 2nd year novices.

Is anyone from the Phorum entering DSMME this year?

TheresaThoma

Thanks for the info DAS that would make sense. I don't believe anyone from the phatmass is entering this year.

Kayte Postle

Hi Kayte, no.  I am talking about the Friars, The Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word.

Oh! So sorry. Mea culpa. :blush:

emma8201986

Re: the DSMMES, only 9 2nd year novices - wow, as I recall that class had 22.  Just goes to show, discernment is a difficult process and, no matter how much you think you're called to religious life, your plans are not the ones that matter.  That does kind of scare me.

I asked the Friars yesterday on their FB page because I could not find any info either.  I was told that both will take place August 2 at the morning mass.

The Sisters just posted this information on their FB page:
"Postulants as far as the eye can see!! ....eagerly anticipating their Reception to the Dominican habit and their new Religious names!! And all this will happen, in Community-only, on Thursday evening before Compline to our Heavenly Mother!!"