An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Trunk - List For Religious Life Candidates

Quod Vult Deus

Quod Vult Deus

Maybe y'all have already seen this but in case not:  http://nuntrunk.weebly.com/hard-to-find.html

Tilts MEF-ward (and the Order of the candidate who created it is showing) but the remainder is broadly applicable.  Charming that such a site should even exist!  (Seems to be only one bad link which was for prayer stools.)

Edited by Quod Vult Deus

OnlySunshine

:hehe2:

Yes, that's my creation.  :)

BTW, I'll check the link you talked about.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Quod Vult Deus

Shoulda known...is there any place in the world PM'rs are not?

Only item on my trunk list which is not included here (and which is, I know, completely unnecessary) is an inexpensivie windup watch.  Oh so hard to find. 

Kayte Postle

Only item on my trunk list which is not included here (and which is, I know, completely unnecessary) is an inexpensivie windup watch.  Oh so hard to find. 

Pm'ers are everywhere, its part of the inevitable global take over. =) Mater is a research whiz, and I'm sure that she'd be able to find you one. What order are you entering?

Wow! I had no idea that candidates had to bring so much stuff! Their own breviaries?! And so much underwear! Ebay is a good source for cheap coats, if you like to "hunt" for them. ;)

OnlySunshine

Thanks for letting me put one more item on the hard-to-find list!  I will definitely include it.  Vermont Country Store is my favorite go-to website for those who have trouble finding things.  They have almost everything that you can think of that you can't find anywhere else.  I found an inexpensive wind-up watch.

Women's Wind-Up Watch

OnlySunshine

Wow! I had no idea that candidates had to bring so much stuff! Their own breviaries?! And so much underwear! Ebay is a good source for cheap coats, if you like to "hunt" for them. ;)

When I made the website, I had a thread here for people to let me know what they found was the most difficult item on their list for entrance.  Some said work boots, cotton jacquard bedspreads, bedspread with fringe (Nashville Dominicans), no-tick alarm clocks, etc.  It was so much fun for me trying to find everything because I LOVE research!  And, I figured with vocations increasing, this website would be useful for MANY years to come!   :)

How extraordinary! I think that when I join my (male) community I just have to take black shoes, underwear and socks and washing things.

OnlySunshine

^^^^^^^^

Yeah, but we women think of everything!

Ain't that the truth?!?  :hehe2:

Quod Vult Deus

Thanks for letting me put one more item on the hard-to-find list!  I will definitely include it.  Vermont Country Store is my favorite go-to website for those who have trouble finding things.  They have almost everything that you can think of that you can't find anywhere else.  I found an inexpensive wind-up watch.

Women's Wind-Up Watch

Wow!  Windup watches made in the former USSR!  Thanks.

Sounds like no monk trunk for Anselm.  Everything will fit in a plastic carrier bag (hope he makes it special - not Walmart but Harrod's or the Duty Free shop at the Dubai Int'l airport, for ex.)

OnlySunshine

Cleverly titled site... ;-)

Thanks! I hope I didn't break any copyright laws or anything.

I still like the night cap for night "Modesty"! ;) (I think it would end up slipping off sometime during the night as I am a toss and turner) Of course, if I had to use the water closet durning the course of the night it would be there if needed I suppose. (Depending on the community they requires it)