An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

Is it possible for a theist to come to terms with that. They have a lot of making up to do in my opinion.

Edited by Quinn

PhuturePriest

Another troll! Finally! We've been needing another one for quite some time. Though please do go to Open Mic. Trolls in the Debate Table are quite boring.

CatholicsAreKewl

Another troll! Finally! We've been needing another one for quite some time. Though please do go to Open Mic. Trolls in the Debate Table are quite boring.

Do I bore you, Miles?

that's rather dismissive of you....it's a legitimate question.

Could you point out examples? There's different ways of dealing with different things in the Bible.  Are you talking about something in the New or Old Testament.  Something from Paul? Your question is a little broad.  I could give you a fairly unsatisfactory general answer, or you could ask a specific question.  My answer might be I don't know, depends on your question.  

Question though, why ask the question? Are you interested in the answer? 

tl;dr- it's a legitimate question, but its rather broad.  

PhuturePriest

Do I bore you, Miles?

Quite. Your trolling abilities leave something to be wanted. You need to make things eventful if you wish to be respected as a troll. Make a thread that lasts at least ten pages. I did this when I first came on here, and I wasn't even a troll. If I can do that, imagine the possibilities you as a troll possess?

PhuturePriest

that's rather dismissive of you....it's a legitimate question.

I do not answer questions for those who are not genuinely interested in the answer. I can tell from the wording of the thread that your goal here is to mock Christianity. With that as a goal, you are not interested in seeking the truth, but only to make fun and put your fingers in your ears when people attempt to answer your question.

Therefore, yes, it is quite dismissive. I am dismissing what will be a waste of energy trying to explain things to someone who does not have ears to listen.

...or perhaps you aren't willing to acknowledge the ugly parts of your holy text. I understand you have to ignore the parts of the bible you don't like. Your presupposition that I am not interested in hearing people's responses couldn't be farther from the truth.

It is a broad question, the point is, how could any supreme benevolent being tolerate any misogynistic teachings. The bible is rife with such examples, it gives the impression the biblical deity condones such behavior.

well I'm a woman so after I learned to hate myself it was a pretty easy decision.

No one here is obligated to answer you. Perhaps if you're really interested in answers you wouldn't be talking like a jack ass. :D

Edited by Ice_nine

well I'm a woman so after I learned to hate myself it was a pretty easy decision.

No one here is obligated to answer you. Perhaps if you're really interested in answers you wouldn't be talking like a jack ass. :D

Interesting....

here's the ironic thing, you are the one resorting to ad hominem attacks and I will be the one ending up being banned because I asked a question that threatens the validity of a benevolent deity...You think in the future you could refrain from the name calling?

CatholicsAreKewl

here's the ironic thing, you are the one resorting to ad hominem attacks and I will be the one ending up being banned because I asked a question that threatens the validity of a benevolent deity...You think in the future you could refrain from the name calling?

You won't get banned unless you're being vulgar or calling people names. I think you'll get a better response if you cite passages and elaborate, otherwise people will think you're trolling. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl