An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

Vincent Vega

if you haven't noticed atheists get ganged up on here...

Come on, buddy, again with the victim card?

presuming you're the grown man in your avatar, you ought to know better than to come into somewhere guns blazing and not expect return fire...

Come on, buddy, again with the victim card?

so you are saying we don't have to respond to several people at a time.....im not a victim, is just don't have 6 sets of hands and 3 computer monitors to type on at the same time....

sorry if you felt ignored.....I wouldn't want you to feel left out..since you are making a big deal out of it now...I will pay more attention to you...

Vincent Vega

sorry if you felt ignored.....I wouldn't want you to feel left out..since you are making a big deal out of it now...I will pay more attention to you...

Good. Is that retroactive?

Good. Is that retroactive?

lol ok gimme a second...I know how annoying it is to type out points you made all over again....

HisChildForever

it all happened when you retorted "clearly you know everything"....obviously it was uncalled for...

Actually, "it all happened" when you called me "testy" without cause and insulted my understanding of Christianity (Post 186) only to later add that you were being vitriolic because you didn't know a nicer way to explain yourself (Post 208).

so far Ive made it back to page 10 and I see nothing warranting a response...did you take issue with something in particular I have said?

Vincent Vega

are you the one that made the Harry Potter reference?

Yes. I'm interested to your response to my position that the NT supplants the so-called misogynistic aspects of the OT.

Actually, "it all happened" when you called me "testy" without cause and insulted my understanding of Christianity (Post 186) only to later add that you were being vitriolic because you didn't know a nicer way to explain yourself (Post 208).

you said you weren't interested in what I had to say.....then I called you testy....any biblical scholar knows Christianity plagiarized pagan rituals and observances in order to gain converts, you denied this point, the examples are clear with the winter solstice and the spring equinox....

havok579257

are you the one that made the Harry Potter reference?

why do you continue to try and play the victim card.  do you think we are al going to feel sorry for you because you came in here and attack people.  Not their beliefs but the actual people.  Your a perfect example of why people have a negative view of atheism(the majority of society worldwide) has a negative view of atheism.  Your personal attacking attitude is the reason why.  Maybe try to be nice and you would get better results.  The only people you have been nice to are people who agree with you.  Anyone who doesn't gets treated like crap by you.

Its very obvious deep down you doubt your atheism and seek answers and know atheism is incorrect.  This thought scares you so you lash out at believers because you don't want to realize you are wrong and have been wrong for a while.  Admitting one is wrong is a scary thing to do.  Your scared, your fear ridden, your in a fetal position deep down.  Once you get past the fear of being wrong, things will only improve.

Now of course you will deny this and try to laugh it off but deep down you are crying.  I can see it, we all can.  So no matter what you say, we all know the truth.  Deep down your just scared.  Well your here now, there is no more reason to be scared.  The Catholic Church holds all the truth and its waiting for you.

Yes. I'm interested to your response to my position that the NT supplants the so-called misogynistic aspects of the OT.

ok...how so? when ....according to the bible, jesus said he didn't come to change a jot or tittle of the law...in fact the message jesus had in the new testament wasn't entirely innocent....

why do you continue to try and play the victim card.  do you think we are al going to feel sorry for you because you came in here and attack people.  Not their beliefs but the actual people.  Your a perfect example of why people have a negative view of atheism(the majority of society worldwide) has a negative view of atheism.  Your personal attacking attitude is the reason why.  Maybe try to be nice and you would get better results.  The only people you have been nice to are people who agree with you.  Anyone who doesn't gets treated like croutons by you.

Its very obvious deep down you doubt your atheism and seek answers and know atheism is incorrect.  This thought scares you so you lash out at believers because you don't want to realize you are wrong and have been wrong for a while.  Admitting one is wrong is a scary thing to do.  Your scared, your fear ridden, your in a fetal position deep down.  Once you get past the fear of being wrong, things will only improve.

Now of course you will deny this and try to laugh it off but deep down you are crying.  I can see it, we all can.  So no matter what you say, we all know the truth.  Deep down your just scared.  Well your here now, there is no more reason to be scared.  The Catholic Church holds all the truth and its waiting for you.

ok but I didn't resort to calling other people jackasses...might want to rethink your argument...

Vincent Vega

ok...how so? when ....according to the bible, jesus said he didn't come to change a jot or tittle of the law...in fact the message jesus had in the new testament wasn't entirely innocent....

I addressed this in my earlier post. He said he came not to abolish, but to fulfill, which is generally understood as meaning, "If I didn't change it, it's the same. If I did, it's different." St. Paul said that women and men were now to be considered as equals (i.e., changing the way things were). 

Also, what misogynistic thing(s) did Jesus say in the NT?

why do you continue to try and play the victim card.  do you think we are al going to feel sorry for you because you came in here and attack people.  Not their beliefs but the actual people.  Your a perfect example of why people have a negative view of atheism(the majority of society worldwide) has a negative view of atheism.  Your personal attacking attitude is the reason why.  Maybe try to be nice and you would get better results.  The only people you have been nice to are people who agree with you.  Anyone who doesn't gets treated like croutons by you.

point number 1....im not playing a victim by asking questions....

point number 2 I do not want nor am I asking for your pity (or prayers)

point number 3..i have been quite pleasant throughout most of the exhchanges I have had here.

point number 4. atheism is not a dogma, merely a rejection of ANY deities.

point number 5...if I was scared I would have ran off a long time ago.

point number 6....I wasn't scared to begin with...

point number 7....the catholic church is corrupt..