An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Would You Feel If The Phorum Changed To This?

dUSt

abrideofChrist

Change is good!  If you change things, maybe instead of waiting a few minutes to pull up Phatmass, maybe we can see it right after we click to it.  Faster is better in my opinion.  The current slow speed or utter inability to pull up the forum is frustrating.  I think that if you could solve the hosting problem, you would make the forum a more inviting place for new people.  Thanks for asking for our opinions. God bless!

I've heard the Wordpress forums are practically "hassle-free".  I know a forum that switched to it and the owner loves it.  He didn't care for it much at first but once he realized how much less he had to hassle with his forum regarding technical issues and how cost effective it was he was happy that he switched. 

I'm a real "frugal fran"  with time and money so my opinion is if it is less work for you Dust and you save money in the process, I say go for it.   

dUSt, Whatever you go with will be fine with me. I just want the phorum to work as effeicently as possible.

truthfinder

I know speed is important, but I find the examples you posted as rather busy and thus unreadable - which wouldn't be much of a solution.  Pass.

CatholicsAreKewl

dUSt should threaten to switch if he doesn't raise 1,000 by the end of next week.

Anastasia13

I think I used InvisionFree, Phpboards, or Proboards when I had small forums of my own, not that I know much about websites. I skimmed a couple of the websites in your link. Similar format to this, which I like. Not all had a clear color division between posts-I believe that having one adds to legibility, at least for me. I don't know how equally they allow for options on profiles. I like filling mine out and reading others. Beyond that, as long as I can read the latest post at the bottom of a thread and we have avatars, I am happy.

I'm not too thrilled with the samples they showed, but I understand why you might be considering some switching.

Question - if we migrate to a different board, would we lose all previous content and/or private messages? 

Those might be significant things to keep in mind as we evaluate....

IcePrincessKRS

Pass. :|

I agree. I would have to see an example of what you would make the phorum look like to change my mind. Those samples are ugly. :huh:

Anastasia13

BBpress looks like this bird:

8JyW69F.jpg

It tries so hard, and fails so hard.

I love that bird. I should make it an avatar one day... Somewhere at least. It makes me happy.