An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Would You Feel If The Phorum Changed To This?

dUSt

If we change, all members and posts would be transferred. I would design it to make it look nice. The main thing would be the loss of certain functions--but since bbpress is Wordpress based, there are hundreds of "plugins" that are available for it that would probably let us do anything we wanted.

I have an idea. How about I build a second phorum, and those who want to join for some testing can do so. Then we can decide which we like better.

I heard that bbPress was invented by virulent Anti-Catholics, devil worshipers, and people who hate, and I mean hate tacos.

franciscanheart

I heard that bbPress was invented by virulent Anti-Catholics, devil worshipers, and people who hate, and I mean hate tacos.

Yup, this: I heard this, too. :|

Since I'm not actually paying anything to use PM, I cast a null vote.  But I am thankful if you want to change software, you don't want to use Xenforo.

Since I'm not actually paying anything to use PM, I cast a null vote.  But I am thankful if you want to change software, you don't want to use Xenforo.

Nobody likes a kiss-ass.

TheresaThoma

From the samples that it showed I wasn't impressed. But I would be willing to help out with some testing if you build the second phorum.

pm history disagrees

Winnie, the only butt I kiss is my dissertation chair's. :P  If she tells me to go jump off a bridge, I'll do it.  (Sadly, I'm not entirely sure how much of that last sentence was a joke...)

Really do hate Xenforo though.  Another board I go to has it and it seems functional, but with no real features to speak of that aren't covered by most common forum software.  Expensive too.

Most of the samples were not "vibrant forums"  but then again vibrant forums all have thier day in the sun.....i think if you keep the coloring/text the same most people won't notice that much of a difference.

• 4 months later...
Ancilla Domini

Hmm...not so goodlooking a layout. I prefer this. (Then again, I'm averse to layout changes in the first place, so my vote doesn't count. :hehe2:)

Ancilla, that's a super-old thread.  dUSt was able to resolve the issues without switching us... we just needed more 'oomph' and he was able to get it for us.