An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle At Site Of Mercedes Crash

ReinnieR

Really?  Just because someone walked up and did a jedi trick?

"The Hannibal Fire Department showed up right after that prayer with fresh equipment and was able to finish the extrication. "

Sounds more like people's doing than miracles

KnightofChrist

Really?  Just because someone walked up and did a jedi trick?

"The Hannibal Fire Department showed up right after that prayer with fresh equipment and was able to finish the extrication. "

Sounds more like people's doing than miracles

Without the eyes of faith it is going to be hard to see miracles.

The story sounds pretty amazing to me, be he an angel or just a simple priest, this is good news. Because he helped her keep claim, which helped her stay alive.

Without the eyes of faith it is going to be hard to see miracles.

The story sounds pretty amazing to me, be he an angel or just a simple priest, this is good news. Because he helped her keep claim, which helped her stay alive.

But people keep others calm in accidents all the time.  People see a glare off the window and think it's their dead grandma and they are calmed.

I don't see the miracle at all...just a bunch of people getting all worked up over someone who (probably illegally) left the scene of a crash.

KnightofChrist

But people keep others calm in accidents all the time.  People see a glare off the window and think it's their dead grandma and they are calmed.

I don't see the miracle at all...just a bunch of people getting all worked up over someone who (probably illegally) left the scene of a crash.

Yeah he should be arrested, or charged with something ticketed at least. Good grief, who pee pee'd in your corn flakes this morning?

You don't have to believe it was a miracle, you can just believe it was some priest who came out of no where, some how. But you could be a bit more respectful about those that were there and believe it could have been a miracle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/angel-crash-missouri/2630227/

"I have 69 photographs that were taken from minutes after that accident happened — bystanders, the extrication, our final cleanup — and he's not in them," Reed said. "All we want to do is thank him."

That's when Lentz asked if someone would pray with her and a voice said, "I will."

The silver-haired priest in his 50s or 60s in black pants, black shirt and black collar with visible white insert stepped forward from nowhere. It struck Reed as odd because the street was blocked off 2 miles from the scene and no one from the nearby communities recognized him.

"We're all local people from four different towns," Reed said. "We've only got one Catholic church out of three towns and it wasn't their priest."

Yeah he should be arrested, or charged with something ticketed at least. Good grief, who pee pee'd in your corn flakes this morning?

You don't have to believe it was a miracle, you can just believe it was some priest who came out of no where, some how. But you could be a bit more respectful about those that were there and believe it could have been a miracle.

You're the one being disrespectful and rude.  Common sense and good manners ---plus a slew of good Samaritan laws.---would dictate NOT leaving the scene of an accident, which it appears that this so-called priest did.

So, it's disrespectful for ME to believe that some stranger (priest or not) entered a scene of an accident, said something, then left.   And then real medical professionals arrived and saved her...with no sight of this man and that's a miracle?

I think it's more disrespectful to your own religion to believe that someone who didn't act in accordance with any social decency is a miracle.

KnightofChrist

So she just immagine the whole thing?

Yeah, and maybe she can cause other people to see her imaginations, but thank you for showing you've not even really read the news story. Other wise you'd not even ask that question.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Yeah, and maybe she can cause other people to see her imaginations, but thank you for showing you've not even really read the news story. Other wise you'd not even ask that question.

She and others...group dilusion

PhuturePriest

She and others...group dilusion

Yes, everyone was delirious and had the same exact illusion, which is totally documented in science all the time.

I love this story and have shared it (and the USA today article) with others.  Thank you Reinnier for posting it.

Yes, everyone was delirious and had the same exact illusion, which is totally documented in science all the time.

In cases of emotional distress...it happens...and obviusly this guy was able to dodge officers asking him his business there as well as any photos.  

Oh, of course people can't see things and have it be fake...those girls in Salem were so witches.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/07/scientist-have-figured-out-how-give-mice-false-memories/67641/