An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Well I know how you feel since I am in the same situation. I met my bf online and he lives in NY so we are VERY familiar with the long distance relationship and all it entails.

The airport drop off is always going to stink! However we have made it work and will be celebrating our 1 year soon! It might not be a conventional way of dating, but it is 100% doable! 

The key is to just have things to do! Even while you cant spend time together physically (hanging out, going to movies, having dinner etc) you can still do stuff together.

My boyfriend and I watch movies together over voice services online. We find something we both like on netflix, Hulu, youtube, or whatever and just press play at the same time.

We also do a lot of online gaming together which is how we met. But all in all, just find stuff to DO. That is key.

We also like to make a Google Doc for our next trip and plan out all the fun things we want to do. That way it gives us something to think about while we are waiting to see each other again.

One game we love to play with each other when we first were interested in each other was what we called the Question game. We just looked up fun, silly, serious, or wacky questions to ask each other. It was a fun way to get to know the other person. However i feel like if youre already dating, you probably alreay know her pretty well. :)

My boyfriend and I didnt start dating till about 10 months after meeting online. And it was my rule that we couldnt "officially" date until we met in person.

Edited by CrossCuT

Minecraft. ;)

I havent played that yet, but I know a lot of people who do and really enjoy it.

The games we either played at one point or are currently play are these:

World of Warcraft

Diablo III

League of Legends

FFXIV MMO

Guild Wars 2

We met through Wow (hehe) and its really the only one we play much but I think its important to find that thing to do together. 

I havent gone to the state fair yet, but when I do Im getting Martha's cookies!!!! Mmmmhmm!

Edited by CrossCuT

And since I'm on a music-binge kind of moment right now, here is some more! This is done with FM synthesis, which may sound familiar to those of you who grew up with a Sega Genesis or Neo Geo in the house. It's supposed to sound like those. ^_^

[media]http://youtu.be/JRGVlKrv7QM[/media]

I'm making a new experiment on the stove. I have some spicy smoked italian sausage, garlic, violently mangled tomatoes, some other spices, and vodka simmering away in a pot. Should be exciting.