An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

So, here are details for the hangout! To participate in this event as it happens live you need to do a few things, which are outside the scope of this thread to explain. (AnneLine, I got your back, don't sweat it. Everybody else, hit up Google.)

Basically you need to have me circled by 1 hour before the hangout begins. That means by 7PM Central time. Then you need to post in this thread what your name is on G+ so I know to invite you. First come, first served, there are only 10 spots. For those who can't make it, there will be a recording.

FYI: to circle me, visit this page and add me.

https://plus.google.com/105078442860410937744/posts

Edited by arfink

Fun week for business. Got a shipment of Gameboy cases coming in to be engraved. Sending out replacement parts to a customer today. Cleaning the laser's sump tank. My friend and representative in Illinois is getting my stuff into a few gift shops and stores this week. Very exciting stuff.

I know I've shared this on FB and G+ already, but it was too hilarious.

My college called tonight. Typical alumni fund raising stuff. Eventually we got to this point:

Girl: "If you don't mind me asking sir, what was your major?"
Me: "Philosophy."
Girl: "Philosophy? :sounds flustered: What, um.... what do you do with that degree?"
Me: "Oh, nothing in particular."
Girl: "So, do you think you could contribute to our Alumni fund tonight in the amount of <dollar value>."
Me: "No, I don't think you understand. I'm a Philosophy major."

ARFink, was the 'brown' messed up one originally blue?   Because then, yeah, it's pretty obvious.  Otherwise.. .just looks like uniqueness.... someone might like a half a cover If it isn't warped....

No, they're all black. The "color" you see is the result of the lighting. Either sky (hence blue spectral highlight) or incandescent (hence yellow/brown looking highlight.)

Ahhhh... well, then my comment still stands... if  it is black, you might find someone who wants a unique 'half a Gameboy cover' -- and sell the 2 halves for that purpose.....   ya never know......  Certainly someone might like the intact half....  especially since it seems to be the top of the cover.... yes?

Edited by AnneLine