An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Screenshot+from+2014-04-05+00:25:45.png

He has hair now. And a proper beard! My model for St. Joseph lacked both those things when I started out, just a little stubble. So it was a little tricky to get it modeled exactly right, but I think I have it the way I want it now. The cloth still needs more modeling though.

You need to stop making things like this, dude, pretty soon we're gonna run out of room for art in our apartment and we haven't even gotten it yet! Haha. :)

You need to stop making things like this, dude, pretty soon we're gonna run out of room for art in our apartment and we haven't even gotten it yet! Haha. :)

D'awwwww, you're too kind. :blush: 

Of course, I must continue to make all the things, because the day I give up art will probably also be the day my heart stops. :french:

Not so fast... I bet that theLord is storing up a WHOLE BUNCH OF WORK for you when you arrive, ARFink.  No lounging around on clouds for you... they will want you to MAKE when you get to Heaven....

That's very likely true AnneLine. Let's hope I can make it there some day. Lord knows I have much work to do before I can start on those projects. ;)

In other news, my new keyboard arrived today. Unfortunately I can't use it yet, as I'm lacking a key adapter component. That's the price I pay for using old keyboards.

Well, my new keyboard is working now. It's a little stiff. This keyboard may have been made in the 90s, but it sat in its box unused until I got it. I figure a good 10,000 word bashing should fix that problem though. The layout is refreshingly similar to my Model F, with some new functionality that I like. This board has what's called an FN layer, which means I can press an FN key and most of the keys on the board will change to new uses, like a numpad-ish layout, or control keys. I am thinking I could bind up all kinds of fun combos for day to day things like opening my browser and setting music playlists and things.

As for noise, this board is significantly quieter than my Model F, but it's still a little bit noisy. ;) But most importantly... look how small it is! ^_^ I like it already.

20140408_145902.jpg

20140408_150036.jpg

This week I have been given the opportunity to design something which is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. This is the result:

Screenshot+from+2014-04-10+22%253A20%253

Well, tomorrow I'll be doing a bunch of morning laser time and then a mad post office rush. I don't have much more time before I leave for Idaho, and I can't run the laser while I'm gone, so all the jobs I have now are getting rushed in at the last moment. :P It's going to be crazy!

Well, it's Good Friday. It's always been a very humbling day for me, but this year has been pretty humbling in a new kind of way. This year I've experienced first hand a kind of complete weakness and inability to complete even what I would consider very basic penances. And yet in spite of my sins and my complete inability to do even very simple things out of love for God, He still loves me. Like the Apostles, I am ashamed to have fallen asleep on watch while He suffers, over and over throughout the year, throughout this Lent, and throughout every day. How could I possibly refuse a love that continues even through something as horrible as that.

If Jesus had been a myth and his resurrection was not real, the story would be different. He would come back from his torture and death, found his perfidious disciples first, and slain them with more violence than they had inflicted upon him, wreaking bleak and bitter justice for their crimes. The Sanhedrin would have been blasted off the face of the earth by 12 legions of angels, and all the world would burn for their rejection of the Son of God, come in human flesh. But the truth of the story lies in how radically different it is from every other story ever told. Jesus does not continue the cycle of violence in order to keep order, as humans do, or as human-imagined gods would do.

This worldly vision of justice is the chain of death. The chain where every injustice links to another greater one, trying futilely to answer death with more death. Jesus doesn't just break the chains of death by rising, but by leaving the last link in the chain of injustice against him without a neighbor. He does not answer betrayal with betrayal. Instead he shows his hands and his side and says "Peace be with you," to men who surely feared the retribution of the God-Man.

And THAT is one of the most profound GOod Friday meditations I have heard in a long while, ARFink.  Our weakness, our coldness, our self-absorption contrasted with His all strong, all hot-with-love, absorbed in that love and in His absolute submission to the Father's Will.  Yup.  And we can never be there enough... but the little we can be there means a LOT to him.

:heart: