An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Well, even though my last thread was not locked, I have decided to voluntarily start a new one, since it is kinda huge and this way I get to change my thread's subject line a little bit.

Well, today I took Katie (ploomf on the PM, for those who don't know) back to the airport. Miss her already. :love:

Here is some music, because it's good:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KlAzp5uCv6o[/media]

More trip pics in the next few posts. ;)

We went to the MN State Fair in a big group on Thursday. All but 2 of my sisters, my brother Ben, my friend and former seminary classmate Jared and his fiancée Beth, and of course Katie and I all went. We stopped at the Agriculture building to get freshly made apple cider freezies and saw a rather interesting Lorax-themed display.

100_0802.JPG

In the arts and crafts building there was plenty of stuff to see, including prizewinning miniatures (my favorite part!) and also the prizes for all the various food-making competitions. There was also the super-ugly elephant thing that's always there. I think it's part of the building, and it's up high enough I think most people don't even see it anymore or they just don't care to bring it down. :P

100_0810.JPG

100_0806.JPG

100_0805.JPG

^ See the ugly elephant thing?

100_0812.JPG

Ben was highly suspicious of the ugly elephant thing. Anne was fascinated by Ben's eyebrow tricks. :like:

100_0814.JPG

Jared is usually pretty normal, but cameras make him silly. Beth of course is just amesome all the time.

100_0821.JPG

Laura likes cookies.

100_0822.JPG

The Fair is huge, comprising a roughly square area a mile on each side, so they have built in transportation systems, including these cable-lift things.

100_0827.JPG

We also watched some guys make a glass clownfish. That furnace was incredibly hot, we could feel it from all the way across the grandstands.

Edited by arfink

And here are some highlights of our trip to the Como Conservatory. We didn't stay as long as we might have, because it was incredibly hot that day, and the Conservatory is of course a giant greenhouse, so it was very hot inside of there too. We stayed until we had walked through the place, and we were both hot and tired, so we drove to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts where we knew there was air conditioning. ;) But despite the heat, the gardens were very beautiful.

100_0699.JPG

Typical me, looking at random things and not at the camera when I'm supposed to. :P

100_0706.JPG

Katie of course is far more photogenic.

100_0704.JPG

Fountain in the Sunken Gardens.

100_0698.JPG

100_0684.JPG

100_0686.JPG

100_0687.JPG

100_0690.JPG

And these bonsai and this rock garden and pond and such were part of the new Ordway Japanese Gardens, which were definitely my favorite part of the Conservatory.

100_0679.JPG

This last photo was taken inside of the Palm Dome, this fountain is brand new as well. It was not there last time I visited.

brandelynmarie

What a wonderful week, arfink. :blush:

I'm stuck making blushie faces cuz I can't recall any of the other codes! Goofy phone is being goofy...& it's

Edited by brandelynmarie

Screenshot+from+2013-08-25+18%253A13%253

Working on a new project. ;) I bet Brian or BG could guess what this is for, I imagine both of them used to own one, and might still. (Think 1998, and it has buttons...)

YOU HAVE MY HUSBAND locked in an electronic device?????  I thought he was at the SFAirport.....

mister_snorlax_by_mekapanda-d4g9kcj.jpg

Edited by AnneLine