An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Yesh no ulcers. ;) But he was having a lot of problems with his back and hips. :p Poor guy, I don't think he felt very well by the end of the night. :p

Katie and I are trying out a new productivity-mapping software which turns productivity into an RPG game with pets and steeds and magic and gold and stuff. :D

https://habitrpg.com/static/front

screenshot.png

Basically, you set up an account, and then set up the habits, daily tasks, and one-time tasks that you want to keep track of. When you do good stuff the game gives you gold and fancy loots. When you do bad stuff, you get hurt, and if you really do badly, you can die. You can also have pets, which you can grow into mighty steeds for riding on. And you can team up with other people to do bigger special challenges and such. :)

I don't know how all the team functions work yet, but I'm learning 'em. If you want to play with us, please PM me and I can add you to our party.

For those struggling to learn, watch this. It explains the basics.

http://vimeo.com/57654086

Once you use it for a bit you will gain the experience to level up, and you will begin to find new features. Don't worry if you don't see them now.

Also, if the concept of the game doesn't make sense, imagine each task you set yourself is a monster, and when you do the task you have slain it, which is why you get stats from it. :)

ChristinaTherese

I was all prepared to think it was just weird. But... I think that might have potential. I'll have to try it out.

Screenshot+from+2014-03-14+18%253A30%253

Woo, our team is getting bigger. And I notice people are getting things done too. :)

So, story time: the past several months have been absolutely terrible for me for work. As many of you know, I work from home, and that is definitely not conducive to getting stuff done. I have been struggling to even keep track of what I had to do, and even when I knew what I had to do, I often didn't do it. So for all the people who are playing along with me, thank you for helping keep me motivated. I know today is just one little day, but I haven't actually had a good work day like today in a very long time, and I think I can squarely blame this one on HabitRPG. Special thanks to AnneLine for being so competitive with me. ;)

But, I haz the hat now, and you do not. That means I'm winning. ;)

I found this glorious-looking thing: http://catholicfoodie.com/pasta-al-tonno-e-pomodoro-for-st-josephs-day

Pasta-al-Tonno-e-Pomodoro.png

Pasta al Tonno e Pomodoro for St. Joseph's Day

Author: Jeff Young
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Italian
Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Dried hot red pepper flakes, to taste
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 cups Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
  • ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 lb penne, linguine or... pasta
  • 1 6 or 7 ounce can of tuna, packed in olive oil (Cento brand preferred)
  • 2 tablespoons of capers
  • ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Instructions
  1. Bring water to a boil and salt it.
  2. Drain the oil from the tuna and reserve the oil and flake the tuna. Set aside.
  3. In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil from the tuna over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic. Cook, stirring for about a minute, until the garlic starts to soften. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
  4. Add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to liquify. Add the red pepper flakes, along with a dash of salt and the freshly cracked black pepper. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
  5. Add the tuna and the capers, stirring to mix well with the sauce. Remove from heat, toss with pasta and serve.
Edited by arfink

Screenshot+from+2014-03-14+18%253A30%253

Woo, our team is getting bigger. And I notice people are getting things done too. :)

So, story time: the past several months have been absolutely terrible for me for work. As many of you know, I work from home, and that is definitely not conducive to getting stuff done. I have been struggling to even keep track of what I had to do, and even when I knew what I had to do, I often didn't do it. So for all the people who are playing along with me, thank you for helping keep me motivated. I know today is just one little day, but I haven't actually had a good work day like today in a very long time, and I think I can squarely blame this one on HabitRPG. Special thanks to AnneLine for being so competitive with me. ;)

But, I haz the hat now, and you do not. That means I'm winning. ;)

Well... I think you better refresh your Habits, Sir!  :p

I is not as technologically adroit as Sir Bunny, so I can't make a copy of the statuses.,, but I DO have a hat.... and I also is a level above you.  :p  

I am also finding it a very helpful thing to use... although I'm still a little stuck on how it works.  But I used something similar to this a while back (which I loved, but found the software so irritating I gave it up.... they were having a LOT of 'growth' issues).  

ANYWAY, this is fun and it is helpful!!!!

I found this glorious-looking thing: http://catholicfoodie.com/pasta-al-tonno-e-pomodoro-for-st-josephs-day

Ingredients
Instructions
  2. Drain the oil from the tuna and reserve the oil and flake the tuna. Set aside.
  3. In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil from the tuna over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic. Cook, stirring for about a minute, until the garlic starts to soften. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
  4. Add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to liquify. Add the red pepper flakes, along with a dash of salt and the freshly cracked black pepper. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
  5. Add the tuna and the capers, stirring to mix well with the sauce. Remove from heat, toss with pasta and serve.

As the Italians would say, ma, que cosa!  (But.... .what a great thing!)

My only question is... why would you eat fish on one of the FEW solemnities during Lent?  THOSE are the days you could BREAK your fast!!!???

But it will definitely show up at the AnneLine house on a Friday!!!!!  (My husband would KILL me if I threw an extra fast day in on him!)

On the other hand.... hehehehe my Secular Order keeps the VIGIL of St. Joe as a Fast and Abstinance day.. so yup, March 18th, here we come!!!!!!!  :eat:

Ancilla Domini

Ingredients
Instructions

This sounds heavenly. Will you invite us all over, when you make it? :eat:

Well... Asked Mr. AL and he DOES NOT want Italian tuna for S. Giuseppe's day!   (but he may get it for the vigil none-the-less!)