An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

YOU HAZ A HAT!!!!   :)   :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

ChristinaTherese

I have a sword.... I was debating, though, because swords might be better but hats are more visible.

I have a sword.... I was debating, though, because swords might be better but hats are more visible.

The hat has horns. Therefore there is no debate.

That is simply hilarious and frighteningly accurate!  

And I can imagine that the grandparents are thinking   :winner:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :winner: 

WELL can I imagine what they might be thinking.... ;)

Some folks have wondered about my artwork, so here is a smallish update:

I had been having chronic gallbladder problems for several months, which was making me feel like crud, but I had no idea what was wrong. After I started having some more acute gallbladder problems was when they put me into surgery and all that. While I was down I spent a lot more time thinking about my artwork. I've realized that while I want to be a bit more aggressive with producing new works, I also need to consider broadening my scope. The whole thing with the "saint of the month" was a cool idea that got a lot of people involved, but wasn't really pushing me to improve as an artist, just to appease other people's desire to consume. Now don't get me wrong, any good marketing guy will tell you that you should want to do that, and as I do marketing-ish things for my other day job I am learning it's a really big deal. But I also need to consider what's going to make me better as an artist, because that's what will ultimately make this whole thing more sustainable.

To that end, I think I am going to branch out a bit. I want to reduce the output of religious artwork to something more periodic and improve the quality a good deal. I want to return to some of the more experimental geometric artwork I tried in the past and expand on it, and I want to return to the idea of a periodic comic of some sort or another to add some less serious subject matter. I may also want to look into doing landscape work and/or nature drawings too. Whether this will happen or not is still questionable though.

In the mean time I have begun working on another saint project, this one disconnected from the saint of the month program, and St. Polycarp is getting benched for the moment. Here is a preliminary sketch of my models:

Screenshot+from+2014-03-17+17:07:10.png

This looks tasty. But I think I'd change the recipe and horrify some Japanese people by skipping the mirin entirely and using regular sake and maybe some sriracha and/or cheese. Which I know isn't really a thing people in Japan eat. ;) I'd need to find that magical square pan too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMCLzWIS2jc[/media]

lol! As someone who works in the telecommunications industry, I find that youtube video hilarious. I can't tell you how many elderly people I have helped resetting their network settings or power cycling smarthubs, routers, phones.