An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

So I promised pictures of the vigil and Katie being baptised and all, and here they are!

100_4885.JPG

100_4886.JPG

100_4892.JPG

100_1203.JPG

100_1206.JPG

And this is Katie's sponsor Robin. I was her godfather. :)

IMG_20140419_223757396.jpg

Edited by arfink

I think God got em all.  They have this 'possessed bunny' look -- Possessed by God's Love, of course!

100_4892.JPG

I tried my best to edit the red-eye look, so it's at least not laser-eyes, but it's still pretty darn bad. Cheap camera.

It was a really beautiful day. :) My brain short circuited when I went up for communion though. :p I knew I was supposed to say something when the priest said the body of Christ but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. :p I stood there with a frozen expression and finally just opened my mouth and stuck out my tongue. :p I remembered at the chalice though. He said the blood of Christ and I stood there with the same frozen expression and then I remembered and said amen. I need more practice apparently. :p ;)

brandelynmarie

Welcome home Ms. Katie :) :pope2:

(I'm a convert too...& a revert!)

Edited by brandelynmarie

So I spent a few hours tonight and managed to finish up the design for St. Joseph and Jesus.

Screenshot+from+2014-04-29+00%253A53%253

It's gonna hit the laser tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

So I went to engrave St. Joseph. In the process of correcting a couple of flaws I accidentally introduced another major one which I didn't catch until it was done. Can you spot it?

IMG_20140429_212110577.jpg

ChristinaTherese

Well, there are some pretty faint lines. And it's the mirror image of what you posted above, but I suppose that's normal.

ARFink, you will have to use words; we don't have your artist's eyes, but I think there is something odd about Joseph's legs, too....  Tigger thinks it might be the circle around Jesus is off a little bit?  She says it is bigger than Joseph's....

So I went to engrave St. Joseph. In the process of correcting a couple of flaws I accidentally introduced another major one which I didn't catch until it was done. Can you spot it?

IMG_20140429_212110577.jpg

Its a mirror image?

OK... but is THAT the 'mistake'?   We're going crazy trying to figure it out... and we don't need help doing that!