An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Well, so many people think it's minor, but the left/right thing is kinda a big deal. It also made my signature go backwards, in addition to everything else.

Some people on facebook thought it was the halos. But those came out exactly the way I wanted. Other issues this thing has but which you literally cannot see in the photo:

- in direct frontal light, it becomes very difficult to see the design because of the slight reflectivity of the linseed oil (this is a problem with all my works)

- the edges are not perfectly round, but have "steps" in them

- there is a little sappy spot on the top of Joseph's head that is the result of a knot right below the surface of the wood, but which is imperceptible except to the finger tips

and other tiny flaws.

I didnt realize this before because Im slow and I dont frequent the Lame Board, but grats to Ploomf on her becoming a rad Catholic! :)

Did you receive all of the sacraments on Easter? Or just like Confirmation and Communion?

My Mormon baptism was invalid so I was baptized, confirmed, and received communion this Easter. :) Arfink was my godfather, which is awesome and for some reason amuses me very much. ;)

ChristinaTherese

Maybe it amuses you that you could marry your godfather? Because the switch between the word "godfather" and the word "father" is small enough that it's kind of funny? (Or maybe you do not share my sense of humor. :alone:)

Yeah, I think that's it. ;) I know some people at my parish were surprised I was comfortable having my fiancee be my godfather, I didn't mind, I just found it funny. :hehe2:

Yeah, I think that's it. ;) I know some people at my parish were surprised I was comfortable having my fiancee be my godfather, I didn't mind, I just found it funny. :hehe2:

Haha! Thats hilarious! When you want something from him jsut say he needs to be obliging because he is your Godfather.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaadddy?"

Ok maybe calling him daddy is too far....maybe.

You're marrying the Godfaddah? Have you thought this through?

I like to live dangerously. ;)

I like to live dangerously. ;)

Livin life on the edge; I like it.

brandelynmarie

Ploomf, this gives me the giggles :rotfl2: I do call my confirmation sponsor "Mom"...so there you go!

SilentJoy

Ploomf, this gives me the giggles :rotfl2: I do call my confirmation sponsor "Mom"...so there you go!

I am personally offended by your close relationship. My "Catholic Mom" brought me into this Church and then abandoned me at the altar. I didn't even get a kitschy Confirmation present. She says "HIII!!!!" if she sees me (which isn't often) but that's it. :hehe2:

brandelynmarie

Awww...:console: That is a bummer...although now that I think about it, I'm not the greatest godmother either...I've got some catching up to do :think: