An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

brandelynmarie

You went jaundiced??? :banana: Arfink! What are we gonna do with you?! :doh:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Yep, I had to go back in for another operation. This time they didn't have to cut me, just shove a robotic endoscope probe with cameras and stuff down my throat and through the first part of my digestive systems to fish out a gallstone that somehow got left behind when they took my gall bladder out. It was blocking my common bile duct and causing all kinds of problems that made it difficult to track down.

I'm in recovery now. I look like a big yellow cheese puff still because of the jaundice, but it'll clear up soon.  :) I'm also in no pain, and I can eat again.

You went jaundiced???  :banana: Arfink! What are we gonna do with you?!  :doh:

I think ARFink probably looked like his avatar.....

photo-13544.jpg?_r=1336592393

Edited by AnneLine

maximillion

oooh. Not nice, but pleased to hear you are recovering and prayers for that.......

Many moons ago when I were a lass......and a student nurse, Bile Duct surgery was a very big deal and the recovery was horrid - no keyhole robotic arm stuff back then. I always swore I would do anything than subject myself to that. Praise God things have moved on!

Somehow I missed your 'eyewitness report' of the visit to the MRI machine.   (Has been a super crazy week out here...)   Between that and the robo-search-and-retrieve procedure, it strikes me this is the revenge of the machines upon the artist.  :)

You do sound like you are feeling better, ARFink, and I am SO GLAD that all this (hopefully) is behind you now.

I've heard of people doing ANYTHING to get out of wedding planning, but this was a bit drastic..... yes, Ploomf?  

NOW CUT IT OUT and get back to work!   ;)

Somehow I missed your 'eyewitness report' of the visit to the MRI machine.   (Has been a super crazy week out here...)   Between that and the robo-search-and-retrieve procedure, it strikes me this is the revenge of the machines upon the artist.   :)

You do sound like you are feeling better, ARFink, and I am SO GLAD that all this (hopefully) is behind you now.

I've heard of people doing ANYTHING to get out of wedding planning, but this was a bit drastic..... yes, Ploomf?  

NOW CUT IT OUT and get back to work!   ;)

I know! :hehe2:  I tell him he needs to go in and order our cake and he suddenly needs to have surgery. He must really not like cake. ;)

TheresaThoma

I know! :hehe2:  I tell him he needs to go in and order our cake and he suddenly needs to have surgery. He must really not like cake. ;)

Men....

:hehe2:

ARFink you better come visit your thread, or the ladies may vote you off the island!!!!

Well, what is there to say? I've been so behind on work and just... life in general, because of being sick. :P I haven't done much that's terribly interesting besides getting better and car shopping.

Getting better can be interesting!!!!!!    YOU CAN DO THIS!

And.... the reward at the end is a PLOOMF!!!!!!  and GOD!!!!!  

And a bunch of cheering Phatmasseres and Habiteers!!!!  (not necessarily in that order)

Here is a little something fun and drool-inducing from one of AnneLine's favorite celebrities. ;)

The network cut his show, so he's started a Youtube channel.

[media]http://youtu.be/RllWJUvrxEY[/media]

Edited by arfink