An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Did some more car research today. The model I'm looking is Ford Focus wagons under 10 years old, specifically the 2005 variant. I narrowed it down to this because people who have owned them report they have exceptional long term reliability out to about 250,000+ miles, and used examples in good repair at 160,000 miles tend to run under $2000. I checked for common issues, and about all I can find that's a common problem is some early model Focus sedan automatic transmissions have sudden massive failure issues under 50K miles, but this problem seems to have been fixed in newer revisions of the transmission. Also, apparently the CD players in these cars are terrible and prone to frequent failure. That said, I actually only own maybe 5 CDs total and plan on modifying the stereo to accept input from my phone anyway, possibly over Bluetooth. Also, the rear compartment of the wagon is loud. No big deal though.

I've found a few local sellers who happen to have Focus wagons in stock right now, so I might be getting close to tracking something down that's good.

Edited by arfink

Tonight I also ordered some stuff for making rubber stamps in the laser. Proper, low-odor stuff that won't poison everyone in the house when I burn it. :bounce:

Wedding invitation materials! :bounce:  Our wedding is three months from today. :bounce:  Now I only wish Tony had taken my bet... ;)

Oh well, I have the screen shots and they shall be brought out for blackmail purposes at suitable times. ;) :evil:

Oh you have no idea. :evil:  Of course Tony will say it was all my idea and thus my fault but I know the truth. ;)

heheheheh   The Ploomf is taming her Bunny!!!!!    

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saf4kqCK7ts[/media]

:rabbit: :heart: :rabbit:

(BTW... I found a great 'minecraft - how to tame your bunny' video... but it kept talking about how the bunnies keep multiplying.  I'm not sure if the world is ready for an explosion of 'ploomphinks'.... at least not QUITE yet.......)

Edited by AnneLine