An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

yum what type of pizza? (I just had a lame frozen meal because I forgot to actually eat dinner)

My usual homemade crust with just a bit of sauce and some mozzarella cheese. Keeping it easy.

And you have given up Anchovies for Sunday, obviously....

That kind of reminds me of a funny story from when Bl. Pope John Paul came to San Francisco.   They had a BIIIIIG dinner for him at the Cathedral with all the priests of the archdiocese.  As you can imagine, all the purveyors of fine California food and wines had EAGERLY provided the best stuff they had, trying to get 'noticed' by the Holy Father.   When they asked Pope John Paul which he preferred, white or red wine, he smiled at them and asked, "By any chance do you have any beer?"  Now no one had thought about this possibility. The irony is there are dozens of wonderful microbrews from SF and from around California.  ANY of them would have KILLED to have been offered to the pope.  But... none was in the kitchen.  In desperation they ran out to the Cathedral rectory and looked in the fridge.  The ONLY beer that was in there was one of the really mediocre store brand beers in a can.  THAT was what they brought to the Pope. Who thanked them, and enjoyed it with his meal. 

Something tells me that ALL the popes would have had a good laugh over that one... JPII, Benedict and Francis!!!!!    The beer of the poor!  Literally!   'lifted' from a parish priest's kitchen fridge!   I LOVE IT!!!!!

Well, I went a few days seemingly unable to draw much of anything. Then I get out pencils and notecards tonight after having a proper meal and some time to recover from all the lack of sleep, and this happens:

YN9hLKw.jpg

It's not much, but it definitely made me feel like this:

5UfmYOe.gif