An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Katie's got about the worst ear infection you could ask for right now, she's in a lot of pain. It's probable she'll need to go visit the ER, and also probable we'll have to put our visit off if she doesn't improve soon. It's going to be expensive to change the plane tickets. On top of that it's cold and rainy today, and my best flash drive picked today to die.

Ohhhh... that's horrible, ARFINK!

:hug: for you and for Katie!   Get her to the doctor ASAP and get that thing cleared up.  I hope it won't delay the trip, but you want her healthy, and if she tries to go in an airplane before it is healed it would be HORRIBLY painful, and possibly could drive the infection deeper....so you may have to just live with a little bit later.   But :console: that is hard!

Made me think of you....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzgpeLFf4z4[/media]

Aww Fink I'm sorry! I'll pray that Katie gets better quickly so you two don't have to put off your visit. :console:

With a small pharmacy of pain killers, decongestants, nose sprays, ear plugs, gum and hard candy and anything else I can think of. :p Basically anything anybody has told me helped them fly with bad ears, I'm bringing with me. ;)

With a small pharmacy of pain killers, decongestants, nose sprays, ear plugs, gum and hard candy and anything else I can think of. :P Basically anything anybody has told me helped them fly with bad ears, I'm bringing with me. ;)

YAY! I definitely recommend decongestants. Something I just recently tried for my sinus headaches (I get really bad ones when the weather changes) is advil sinus relief, it really helped. I took it before bed and it was still working when I woke up the next morning. My guess is it would be good for ear issues as well, and with this you only have to take one pill instead of 2 (and not have to try to keep track of what you took when!).

Let me know. Ibuprofen (which Advil is just the name brand) is really good at knocking down inflammation so that would be good as well.

ChristinaTherese

I definitely support the recommendation of gum. It's worked so many times for me, although not with ear problems specifically. And that's only because I don't remember ever having ear problems before plane flights, just problems during takeoff and landing.