An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi Howdy Hey

AugustineA

This is a weird post. It's partly a Hey Hello, partly a confession. I used to post  and (mostly) lurk on this board. In fact, Phatmass was instrumental in my conversion. Or I suppose one might say God alone was responsible for my conversion..

Soo, it's good to be back. :bounce:

-Segway warning-

Roughly two years ago? I don't know my memory smells of elderberries.. I stopped going to confession due to anxiety. The whole process was kind of daunting. It was formal. I never knew if I was saying too much, too little, gotta say that prayer, did my voice just crack? will the priest think I'm weird? Woah, it was bad.

So I moved. Started drifting away from Church. Started skipping Mass. Lost my faith. About Six months ago I started going to a non-denominational church/group, however you may identify it, with my older sister/brother. I still feel kind of lost there buttt I've developed some insecurities around some Catholic practices:

Not receiving the wine or blood during the Mass (Yes, I'm aware of the blood in the body argument. Nevertheless) Andd praying to Mary so much. I get it guys. Mary is amesome! In some weird way, meditating on Mary comforted me so as to avoid lusting after all those college girls. But praying to her more than to Jesus? Considering her co-redemptrix and mediator? I dunno guys..

There's my little story. I was baptised a Catholic, Ignatius of Antioch, even considered the religious life. Dunno what happened.

ummmm.... hi. that's a lot for an introduction/re-introduction. i hope you don't want all the answers right away or even in this thread. relax, explore, re-acquaint yourself with phatmassers that have been around since you were here before, talk to the new faces. so...welcome back! 

(p.s. it's "segue". ;) )

Hi. You were here before. :)

Yeahhh.. I kinda puked everything out there.

hahaha, i totally understand the urge. :hehe: 

Welcome back! :3

Hi. Thanks :)

Hmm.. I can't see the other posts to quote them. But yes Nihil I remember your name!

Hi Anneline, thanks :)

Go away.

Winchester said to Shania Twain as she whined out a flat note, which sounded like a cross between a blender and a cat in heat.