An Old School Catholic Message Board

Writings Of St. Teresa Of The Andes?

Maire

Anybody know if they're available in English? Or available in Spanish for a better price than $36? I can read Spanish well enough to be able to tackle them (with the aid of a really fat dictionary! lol!) I thought that they might be online somewhere, but I haven't found them. Also, what would you consider to be the best (most thorough) biography available? Of the four Carmelite St. Teresas, I know the least about St. Teresa of the Andes, and I've recently become interested in her life. Thanks, everybody! :)

Not sure if you've seen this but there is a book on her life called "God is all Joy".  It is a wonderful, inspiring book about her life.

The bibliography of God is All Joy (by Jennifer Moorcroft) references these two books:

Letters of Saint Teresa of Jesus of the Andes.  Trans. Michael D. Griffin, O.C.D. Hubertus, WI:

Teresian Charism Press.  1994

Testimonies to Saint Teresa of the Andes.  Comp. by Michael E. Griffin, O.C.D., Hubertus, WI:

Tersian Charism Press.  1991.  2nd rev. ed.

God bless!

I found several English resources by simply doing a search for Teresa of the Andes on Amazon.  There are a handful of books as well as a DVD about her.