An Old School Catholic Message Board

A.a. Thread

• 4 months later...

A week ago I got to complete the 9th step of AA and make amends to the female friend I severely wronged that resulted in me joining AA and reaching 3 years without a drink. I sent it to her last Friday. I'm not planning on hearing back from her but I pray this card will help her forgive me in her heart. Hanging on to resentment and unforgiveness is good for no one. I know from first hand experience. I'm thankful to God He allowed me to send it. I will always miss my friend and never forget her.

20160819_031008.jpg

20160819_031102.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2016 at 11:15 PM, Josh said:

A week ago I got to complete the 9th step of AA and make amends to the female friend I severely wronged that resulted in me joining AA and reaching 3 years without a drink. I sent it to her last Friday. I'm not planning on hearing back from her but I pray this card will help her forgive me in her heart. Hanging on to resentment and unforgiveness is good for no one. I know from first hand experience. I'm thankful to God He allowed me to send it. I will always miss my friend and never forget her.

20160819_031008.jpg

20160819_031102.jpg

Just know that it is as difficult for others to process and accept an apology than it is to offer a sincere  one. I'm rooting for you and wish you success in trying and working at sobriety.  Congrats on the milestones!!  ✅

I got signatures for awhile when I first started. I'm glad I did they are a good reminder to myself how determined I was to get and stay sober. I shot for 90 meetings in 90 days. I came pretty close. I missed a couple.

20170102_193155.jpg

20170102_193122.jpg

20170102_193038.jpg

20170102_193016.jpg

Haven't read all the thread, but...........Congratulations!:like2:  It is a huge challenge accepted in which you have been gifted victory, Josh.

May The Lord continue to ever bless you richly...............as He will.