An Old School Catholic Message Board

Interview With Pope Francis In America Magazine

Basilisa Marie

When a sodomocentric secularist like you tells me that, it means I'm doing something right.

Right.  When an ardent secularist expresses admiration for a pro-life, anti-gay-marriage Pope something has clearly gone terribly wrong.  I'm glad that someone like you can slither out and remind me what drove me out of the Church in the first place.  Go pat yourself on the back.  

Why?

Dear  FDR,

Thank you.

signed,

Nazis everywhere

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Abraham Lincoln,

Thank you.

signed,

slave owners everywhere

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

now how does that make them look?

(if you are going to ask if I am drawing a comparison between women who support abortion on demand and people who supported the policies of the Nazi party or slave ownership, the answer is yes, I am.)

Edited by Lilllabettt

Right.  When an ardent secularist expresses admiration for a pro-life, anti-gay-marriage Pope something has clearly gone terribly wrong.  I'm glad that someone like you can slither out and remind me what drove me out of the Church in the first place.  Go pat yourself on the back.  

Your absolutely right, when ardent secularists and abortion-mill organizations start admiring the Pope, something has gone wrong. You're obviously not admiring him for the positions you find contemptible, let's face it, you admire him for his weakness. He's not going to tell you how it is, he wants to "move on." We all know silence in this matter is capitulation. Planned parenthood doesn't go silent, if they did I too would show some admiration for them, but they feel very strongly about their positions and ensure they are vocal about them. So put your sappy 'admiration' down, it's not very convincing.

Dear  FDR,

Thank you.

signed,

Nazis everywhere

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Abraham Lincoln,

Thank you.

signed,

slave owners everywhere

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

now how does that make them look?

(if you are going to ask if I am drawing a comparison between women who support abortion on demand and people who supported the policies of the Nazi party or slave ownership, the answer is yes, I am.)

That's some curious moral righteousness from somebody who has spoken positively of the Administration that supported genocide in Indonesia/East Timor.  Maybe that was what Francis was getting at.  

Right, it is a catechesis problem within the Churches—the rest of world already knows where you stand.  That conveniently brings us back to the original issue which is that Pope Francis doesn't think it necessary to continually talk about the same things over and over; spend less time repeating the same things, spend more time teaching the fundamentals of the faith.  

The rest of us aren't going to change our minds because we keep hearing how you feel about the same issues again and again.

The Church, like Christ, must speak the truth whether or not people want to hear it.

The Church, like Christ, must speak the truth whether or not people want to hear it.

Unless it's the Roman Church, then it only speaks what the people want to hear.

You keep circling but you won't land

Okay, here's my point.

Say the president of the American Cancer Society comes out with a statement that says "yes smoking is bad, but we can't focus on that to the detriment of the whole anti-cancer message. The complete holistic message includes other important things too. Eating healthy and exercising is important to fighting this disease. In addition, it's vital that we expand access to preventative healthcare to achieve our mission." (all true btw)

Media then promotes headlines like "American Cancer Society: We've Been "Obsessed" with Cigarettes"

Phillip Morris then promotes to all their followers on social media a graphic that says,

"Dear President John Smith of the American Cancer Society,

THANK YOU.

Signed, Smokers Everywhere."

It's coming from freaking Philip Morris. I don't think Phillip Morris actually has the same goals  as the president of the ACS, but because the prez of the ACS is naive about PR or has a bumbling media team, the general public now has the wrong idea about the importance of smoking cessation. "I can keep smoking, after all the ACS talked about how all these other things are more important, and all this focus on evil cigarettes was wrong-headed."

Meanwhile he also provided a PR windfall for Phillip Morris, an organization that works every. single. day. as much as they can, as hard as they can, to undercut his work. Much as NARAL works every single day, as hard as they can, against the Pope's mission to protect the "least of these." The followers on the Phillip Morris facebook and twitter and so forth aren't necessarily going to think "hey I should read this whole interview! Phillip Morris might be over-simplifying a bit!" Instead they will think "about time the ACS came around to our position. Our side was right the whole while. Time for a smoke break."

Your absolutely right, when ardent secularists and abortion-mill organizations start admiring the Pope, something has gone wrong. You're obviously not admiring him for the positions you find contemptible, let's face it, you admire him for his weakness

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/131130-hey-this-is-a-story-with-a-quirky-ending/

Fuck.  You.   

Go find someone who doesn't already know how the Church feels about gay marriage or abortion and then we can talk about the importance of repeating the same thing over and over again.

Found some!

P000197.jpg

45920298_nuns_for_choice_xlarge.jpeg

2012-10-12-marty1-375x250.jpg

thumbnail+(2).jpg

That's some curious moral righteousness from somebody who has spoken positively of the Administration that supported genocide in Indonesia/East Timor.  Maybe that was what Francis was getting at.  

nice try.

nice try.

Not a try.  Assuming you position on abortion, I don't see any moral difference between your swooning over Kissinger's realpolitik or Bush's foreign policy and somebody being pro-choice.  

I do pray for you Hasan, and I have for quite some time, because I do not believe that you are a bad person, confused maybe, but not bad.

Thank you, Apo.  I genuinely appreciate that.