An Old School Catholic Message Board

Please Don't Take This As A Public Attack.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I'm afraid i am being demonized on here, i'm afraid to post this privately to the person in case you misconstrue my words, and report me for something i have not said nore intended.

Peace be with you , i am not here to attack you sister in christ but i have to really put this out there to you and anyone else who thinks i wield some kind of power to change phatmass. You said to me  something that made me feel like i was the reason for the changing face of phatmass. What if that change is being done by God himself, and i assure you i don't hold such power and if i did it would be God given.

Thats all.

God bless you all.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus iz LORD.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab,

Do not take this as an offence either.  There are things that you can do to avoid this.

1) Have a native English speaker help you with your posts before you write

2) Have documentation from the church before you bring up a moral topic

3) Develop a logical argument.  This is thesis "I believe X is wrong" and back it up with 3-5 facts (see #2)

4) Do not introduce irrelevant material 3-7 pages into a thread

5) Do not call people out personally

6) Look up words using dictionary.com or even urban dictionary to make sure that when you accuse a person of "knowing nothing" you are actually in the right.

7) Stop accusing people of "twisting your words".  I see a ton of asking for clarity, a ton of misunderstood topic and a ton of trying to clarify logical fallacies, but I do not see anyone twisting your words.

8) Remember that correlation is not causation.  When a man goes to the store to buy diapers his next likely purchase is beer.  When a man goes to the store to buy meat, he is also likely to buy beer.  Just because diapers and beer are a correlated purchase does not mean babies drive men to drink.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Perhaps i am receiving a dose of my own medicine really, perhaps at times i do demonize people indirectly/grouping, the most recent example is on chicago styles introduction thread and i did fly off the handle, and i do fly off the handle at times and do a bit of my own demonizing but it isn't often and shouldn't be played out as being often, and hopefully one day will be never. I think sometimes i call it exactly how i see it without fear and people get offended at my blunt honesty and lack of ability to tip toe around the mulberry bush.

Maybe you should take the time to make sure your arguments are actually supported by the Church. If they are not, for instance your obsession with calling fantasy or beer evil, then do not try to present it as moral truths that we are all too sinful to accept.

Perhaps i am receiving a dose of my own medicine really, perhaps at times i do demonize people indirectly/grouping, the most recent example is on chicago styles introduction thread and i did fly off the handle, and i do fly off the handle at times and do a bit of my own demonizing but it isn't often and shouldn't be played out as being often, and hopefully one day will be never. I think sometimes i call it exactly how i see it without fear and people get offended at my blunt honesty and lack of ability to tip toe around the mulberry bush.

Tab, you don't not tiptoe around the mulberry bush, you light it on fire, call it a television and then when others put it out you continue to yell about how the jaded musical squirrel ate the wrench from the bark of the sailboat when the moon-landing was resolved at a quarter past two.  And throw in that you often smell the color seven and know this is a fact.

Edited by blazeingstar

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Maybe you should take the time to make sure your arguments are actually supported by the Church. If they are not, for instance your obsession with calling fantasy or beer evil, then do not try to present it as moral truths that we are all too sinful to accept.

When did i ever say beer was evil ? Scripture says drunkardness is evil. I'm unsure whether that is the state of being drunk ever or a regularity of the drunk state from excessive alcohol. Also i think i said previously words to this effect that in church history Mythology would be frowned upon and christians reccomended to not eat from the food of idols, as did the O.T.

And also i think more often i need to become more gentle,meek,humble and peaceful in my delivery of what i feel and think about things, perhaps you can pray this for me. I get over excited very easily sometimes.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab, you don't not tiptoe around the mulberry bush, you light it on fire, call it a television and then when others put it out you continue to yell about how the jaded musical squirrel ate the wrench from the bark of the sailboat when the moon-landing was resolved at a quarter past two.  And throw in that you often smell the color seven and know this is a fact.

That was actually humorous. 

When did i ever say beer was evil ? Scripture says drunkardness is evil. I'm unsure whether that is the state of being drunk ever or a regularity of the drunk state from excessive alcohol. Also i think i said previously words to this effect that in church history Mythology would be frowned upon and christians reccomended to not eat from the food of idols, as did the O.T.

And also i think more often i need to become more gentle,meek,humble and peaceful in my delivery of what i feel and think about things, perhaps you can pray this for me. I get over excited very easily sometimes.

You said several times in the past that it was not appropriate for a Catholic forum to have a subforum about beer. Nobody in that subforum advocated drunkenness (in fact nobody advocated anything, since nobody posted there), so it must be beer itself with which you have a problem.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

This is my edit, it wouldn't let me edit for some reason.

When did i ever say beer was evil ? Scripture says drunkardness is evil. I'm unsure whether that is the state of being drunk ever or a regularity of the drunk state from excessive alcohol. Also i think i said previously words to this effect that in church history Mythology would be frowned upon and Christians recommended to not eat from the food of idols, as did the O.T. Like we can be around idols but we must not bow down to them, but i guess the israelites throught the whole O.T. where worshiping idols then running back to God when a prophet came, in my opinion i hope that prophet comes soon. And i know saint paul said some can eat the food that has been first offered to idols and some can't, i think he is talking about actual food like when you goto an indian restaurant or chinese restaurant and there is a statue of buddah or vishnu, some can eat there some can't, unsure why.

Here we go with the logical fallicies.

-Mythology was never frowned upon in the church, however, when it came to mythology that was religion based (such as the Romans and Greeks) people were encouraged to stay away from them because they were often converts and sorely tempted to go back to worshiping Gods.  In this way our brothers and sisters in the Dominican Republic must fight harder against anything in the mythological world today because there is an undertone of superstition.  God spoke to a certain people in a certian time to those relevant.

-The food of idols, was LITERALLY the food of idols.  This was not only to keep people from eating food that may have been spoiled.  It also served to keep Christians from offending people of other religions and taunting them  Their food offered to their Gods was a significant part of their religion.  It's just as much about not offending others as it is about making sure we are staying holy.  This is why, say, St. Patrick, was so shocking when he cast the snakes out of Ireland...it was unheard of to completely bash another religion in order to convert.

Again Tab, before you start making accusations and acting self-righteous, just stop, prayerfully study our faith, and then when you understand it, we can talk.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

You said several times in the past that it was not appropriate for a Catholic forum to have a subforum about beer. Nobody in that subforum advocated drunkenness (in fact nobody advocated anything, since nobody posted there), so it must be beer itself with which you have a problem.

Yes i said that i don't think it appropriate for a catholic forum to have a beer thread, and i still believe that, and i didn't know that no one posted there. I said what i said about the beer forum because although it is not sinful to drink alcohol in moderation we still shouldn't propagate it. Australia was on the verge of banning alcohol advertising in sports and t.v. which didn't get passed, but they have banned ciggerette advertising, i think both should be banned from any advertising anywhere.

Again Tab, before you start making accusations and acting self-righteous, just stop, prayerfully study our faith, and then when you understand it, we can talk.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Here we go with the logical fallicies.

-Mythology was never frowned upon in the church, however, when it came to mythology that was religion based (such as the Romans and Greeks) people were encouraged to stay away from them because they were often converts and sorely tempted to go back to worshiping Gods.  In this way our brothers and sisters in the Dominican Republic must fight harder against anything in the mythological world today because there is an undertone of superstition.  God spoke to a certain people in a certian time to those relevant.

-The food of idols, was LITERALLY the food of idols.  This was not only to keep people from eating food that may have been spoiled.  It also served to keep Christians from offending people of other religions and taunting them  Their food offered to their Gods was a significant part of their religion.  It's just as much about not offending others as it is about making sure we are staying holy.  This is why, say, St. Patrick, was so shocking when he cast the snakes out of Ireland...it was unheard of to completely bash another religion in order to convert.

So why would saint paul stipulate between two different people, those that could eat food from idols and those that couldn't, does this mean some can succesfully bash and some can't ?

Yes i said that i don't think it appropriate for a catholic forum to have a beer thread, and i still believe that, and i didn't know that no one posted there. I said what i said about the beer forum because although it is not sinful to drink alcohol in moderation we still shouldn't propagate it. Australia was on the verge of banning alcohol advertising in sports and t.v. which didn't get passed, but they have banned ciggerette advertising, i think both should be banned from any advertising anywhere.

You are aware that there are monks who give up all food but barley beer for lent, right?  (It's got low alcohol content).  I can't find the page, but here is a man who tried to emulate them.

http://www.vnews.com/home/4464252-95/doppelbock-beer-pages-pageset

Moderation is a beautiful, wonderful gift, and beer is a craft.