An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Abortion Page

MC Just

Little Flower,

I agree completely with you. People excuse their stances on abortion, because they refuse to acknowledge what it is, murder. Murder of a real, living human. And, murder is bloody. We show murders every day on TV, we show dozens of murders in any given movie. Why can't we show pictures of the murder of innocent babies? God have mercy on us for not protesting abortion more.

peace...

Thomas Michael

People excuse their stances on abortion, because they refuse to acknowledge what it is, murder.  Murder of a real, living human.  And, murder is bloody.  We show murders every day on TV, we show dozens of murders in any given movie.  Why can't we show pictures of the murder of innocent babies?

Well, there's a difference... the bloody murder shown in the movies and on TV is all made-up, with still-living actors portraying the dead people. Only sickos such as the makers of "Faces of Death" would put on display footage of people ACTUALLY GETTING KILLED. And the people who put pictures of real dead babies on display are no better.

Whatever happened to being concerned about the level of gore and violence in the media today? I think these irresponsible pro-lifers are only contributing to the numbing of our youths' minds to violent images. Pretty soon, the bloody fetuses will have no effect on anyone. And THEN what are we gonna turn to?

Edited by Thomas Michael

cmotherofpirl

People need to see WHAT they are agreeing to EXACTLY when they agree to abortion.

Do you think the people who agreed to the "final solution" of Hitler ever spent time in a death camp? Or had ever personally killed someone.

Seeing a dead child chopped or burn to death with the consent of the mother

is something more people need to see.

THen if they agreed to it, they would not EXACTLY what they are agreeing to.

cmotherofpirl

People need to see WHAT they are agreeing to EXACTLY when they agree to abortion.

Do you think the people who agreed to the "final solution" of Hitler ever spent time in a death camp? Or had ever personally killed someone?

Seeing a dead child chopped or burn to death with the consent of the mother

is something more people need to see.

THen if they agreed to it, they would not EXACTLY what they are agreeing to.

Well Abortion clinics tell you it's not human life and that it's just a piece of tissue, well according to the images, they are not just a piece of tissue

the images clearly show that it is human life we are dealing with. Society is always trying to hide the truth. We're here to expose it and show the world what really happens.

Well thanks for all the relpies, I didnt expect to get two pages on the post but that's cool. I will see to it, I'll cover it up on the site so people can choose whether or not to see the images.

I do not agree that using graphic pictures is at all a good way to get people to see the truth about abortion.

All this does is desensitize people to the reality and horror of abortion.

The priest at our parish showed the movie "Silent Scream" to the marriage prep class a few months back. Some people were so repulsed by this that they decided to not come to the NFP class.

The last marriage prep group was shown a video of an ultrasound. They loved it! It had a significantly better response. An ultrasound shows life, which is what we are trying to defend. Bloody pictures of dismembered babies rarely impacts people to choose life.

--Jessica

Chastisement

I agree whole heartedly with showing the truth of abortion.

Firstly, society has made abortion a "private matter between a woman and her doctor". It happens behind closed doors, away from prying eyes. Especially in NZ, over here abortion on demand is apparently illegal, I say apparently because we had just over 17,101 last year, and our population is only 4 million. Over here they're done in the hospitals so you can't just march up and down outside a clinic like you could in the states. This privacy has allowed Planned Parenthood to thrive on abortions, to be able to spread the lies outward into society. This privacy has allowed PP to keep up their mantra of lies, that the unborn is simply a blob of tissue to be disposed of at the mother's whims.

We have to throw open these doors and show abortion for what it is, and what it does. People can easily turn a blind eye if it's happening behind closed doors, if it's private, it's none of their business, that is the mentality of this society. By showing these pictures we are destorying the privacy that this killing industry has enjoyed for too long.

Secondly, shock factor. Yes, it is shocking. Yes it is distrubing. But look at those tiny arms and legs, the severed heads, the perfectlly formed intestines spilled from those beautiful little bodies. It says more then any coloum, any PL politican, even the Pope, could say about abortion. The child is no longer a clump of cells, it is a human being who's life has been ended in the most brutal of fashions for the most stupid and materilistic of reasons. This child wasn't even given the protection of it's own government.

That's why the pictures must be graphic. To adverstise the sheer brutality of the way these children are dying. To say "Oh, I'm Pro-LIfe, but I find these pics gross" is doing no one justice, espeically not the unborn. For almost three decades now, the United States has allowed the homicides of over 46 million unborn lives without even a care. To say it like that, it's merely a statistic, and it's easy to ignore it, to put it to the back your mind, but putting a picture in front of someone's face wakes them up to the reality of what's going on behind closed doors. This is what it is about, waking up society to the reality of what abortion really is.

What's that phrase in the bible, about how only shameful things are done private, another phrase how the earth will unveil her dead?

We could argue the crucifix is too bloody, that it's too graphic. And in reality, they can't show what the real Christ on the cross would have been, simply because the Romans crucified you naked.

But these little lives, they're gone now, and we've lost so much because of it, the contribution of 1/3 of an entire generation is lost to us forever. Perhaps though, their tiny little broken bodies will be a testament to how they died, and an encouragement to those who speak on the behalf of the voiceless.

Thridly, go turn on the news. I was about 6 years old when I saw a picture of a man and his baby gassed by Saddam, lying in a pool of their own blood, vomit and faeces, it left an everlasting impression on me. Now, I'm not screwed up over it, I'm not scarred by it, it simply gave me the drive to protest loudly against Saddam, against gas, against war. Pictures like this, spur you into action, they scream the reality of what's going on in the most blatant of terms.

PP, National Organinstion of Women, NARAL, and all the other little Pro-Choice groups would love if we jsut shut out traps, if we minded our Ps and Qs and turned our backson the reality of abortion. They have made it so we can't speak the truth, instead, we must display it, and display it proudly. Laws are passed that prevent PLers protesting close enough to these clinics to make a real difference, laws prevent these PLers from handing out their literature to these abortion minded women. So imagine then, if you're a woman, heading for an abortion, you get out in the parking lot, got a safe run to the building, you turn for a moment, and across the street you are able to see a PLer holding up a sign big enough for you too see with the remains of someone else's unborn child? Maybe, just maybe, you'll wanna learn more, you might even choose life for your child based on what you just saw.

Recently, in NZ there's a big fuss over vivisection, the animal rights hippies are showing pictures of animals in horrifying experiments. They claim that these pictures "show the truth" and that's what peopel need to see.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but these pictures save lives, even if it is only one.

Sorry if that was long winded, but I acutally had it up to five points, but I think those speak volumes enough.

Jake Huether

Oh my! This weekend I saw a story (on the spanish channel) about a baby that was born at 5 MONTHS! He survived! And it got me thinking...

If the mother of this baby waited 4 months and then slit her childs throat she'd be in deep doo doo!

However, if a pregnant mother of 9 months decided to have her baby aborted it would be perfectly legal! In fact, they'd happily ASK her if she wants it done, and then give her 100% SUPPORT in her descision to do it!

Where have we gone wrong?

Is this not just plain logic. Could a 10 year old not make the right conclusion. But yet our legislators, governors and politicians can't see it. Or do they...

littleflower+JMJ

THe handicapped child I babysit was aborted fourteen years ago, at 28 weeks gestation.

oh no! really cmom?

i've heard of that national pro-life speaker who was a mother and aborted her baby.

she months later gave birth to a baby girl.

what happened?

she was having twins, they aborted the baby boy. and that little girl would have died too but the doctors didn't know (or care) that she was having twins....

now the mother and the daughter are speakers against abortion. although the daughter forgives her mother, she misses the twin brother she was suppose to have..

+JMJ