An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hai! Long Time, No See!

laetitia crucis

So... tell us a little of what has been happening with you (other than the obvious!) and what is likely to be in your future?

LC!!! So glad to see you are doing well!! And congrats on making your first vows! When was it?  ( i ask bcuz i just  made mine too...  :saint2: ) 

Having a blast from the past is always fun!

LC!!! So glad to see you are doing well!! And congrats on making your first vows! When was it?  ( i ask bcuz i just  made mine too...  :saint2: ) 

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:

:O :O :O

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Dear Sr LC and Sr JT Even though I never write, you are both in my thoughts and prayers, and website stalking :ninja: :)  I enjoyed hearing Sr LC play her flute and do remember to check and see if Sr JT's Community has any frowners!

JTheresa!  How the heck are you?

Now that you've made first profession you should definitely get your tag changed to Religious.  ;)

laetitia crucis

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Eeeeeeee!!   :woot:  JTeeeeee!!!!  (aka Sr. M. Luciiiiia!!!!)  How exciting to see you!!!  

I made my 1st Profession on October 5th -- praise God!   :cloud9:  I think I'm still "floating" on the graces!  Congratulations on your 1st Profession as well -- and alrichey (aka Sr. Mary Grace)!!  I've thought of you all often as we're kinda in formation together.   :cheers2:  Kinda like "Sisters from another [Saintly Father]".   :hehe:

laetitia crucis

So... tell us a little of what has been happening with you (other than the obvious!) and what is likely to be in your future?

Hi, hi!  

Not sure what to say about what's been happening to me except that God has been so good and so amazingly generous in His graces!  Dominican formation has been -- and continues to be -- a beautiful experience, a very practical and balanced approach to the Christian life.   :like:  I can't help but say "I wish I knew about this earlier!" or "Why didn't God lead me here earlier?"   However, I know all things are in God's timing and for this I am grateful and deeply humbled.  

My future, in practical terms, consists of continued formation in our Dominican life -- an ongoing formation really, of prayer, study, community life, and mission/preaching.  My 1st Profession is a temporary profession of vows for three years, and then God willing, final Profession after that.  (Keep on praying for me!   :saint: )  Several Sisters in our community are also studying with the Maryvale Institute -- a Pontifical Institute of Religious Sciences -- of which I am one of them.  (By the way, I would highly recommend Maryvale, especially if "thinking with the Church" and distance-learning are up your alley. :whistle: ) 

So... hmmm... :think:  I suppose that's all I really know about my future.  It's in God's hands.  All I can do is try my best to respond to His graces each day.  

Ah, and we're also having a "Come and See" weekend next month (Nov. 15-17)... just in case anyone is in the UK area and interested.   ;)

---

P.S. -- Thank you all SO much for your continued prayers and support!  It means a lot, and I have no doubt that God is blessing me through your intercession.  :amen:

• 3 years later...
On 10/22/2013 at 2:38 PM, krissylou said:

JTheresa!  How the heck are you?

Now that you've made first profession you should definitely get your tag changed to Religious.  ;)

Man it has been waaayyyy too long since I have been on here. I am doing so wonderful. God is so good!! I am already up to make my final profession on August 2nd 2018! Just around the corner!

IgnatiusofLoyola

So nice to hear from you! I got a chance to visit Laetitia Crucis (now Sister Mary Catherine) in England right after Easter. She is SO happy and her Community is wonderful. They made me feel so welcome.

Sister Mary Catherine made her final vows in September 2016, along with getting a second bachelor's degree. She has been busy!

• 4 months later...