An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opinions, Please!

Ima Lurker

Thank you, Aya Sophia for your helpful response which comes closest to answering my actual question helping me in my dilemma.

Of course it would be best to ask a canon lawyer to discern Ms. Ivers' orthodoxy and I will take your advice and find someone educated to ask!

Here is my problem. I have a friend who is discerning her vocation. She is from a traditional Catholic family. I am one of her closest friends. She asked me (and several others) to help her research to find a good traditional spiritual director.

My concern here is not whether this blogger speaks sweetly but is this person going to be helpful in my friend's discernment as she ponders giving herself fully to Christ.

And on my own tangent, while still a member in a religious Community, I met a member of the SOLT community who edified me greatly. This is not about shaming SOLT. What I'm looking for is good wholesome information. Does this site provide it? Is this person Orthodox? Can I recommend this blog? Again, this isn't about tone, it's about accuracy.

Also, if anyone knows other good traditional sites where I can ask these questions and get helpful answers, please PM me! I'm pretty sure this is asking a lot but I'm also confidant that some of you have been where my friend is in good charity, will offer assistance.

Again, thanks everybody!

• 5 years later...
DiscernerDOC

I am joining this in months late, but if anyone sees this post i would like for them to refer to this page http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/vocations/consecrated-life/forms-of-consecrated-life.cfm

This person is sadly wrong in that those of Society of Apostolic life are not consecrated to God, and also her mentioning regarding the Daughters of Charity (not sisters of charity that is a different branch all together, not made from St. Vincent De Paul but from his ruling, and not the order that St. catherine was in. There is much more in depth then this blogger mentions, and it is quite sad that she made generalized thoughts on those of Society of Apostolic life, especially the Daughters, who were the first.