An Old School Catholic Message Board

Strip Club Opening...

immaculata

ARGH! Sometimes I'm convinced our City Council is made up of a bunch of brainless idiots... This man wanted to build a strip club on the north side of town- right next to a residential area. Our zoning laws say that adult entertainment clubs must be at least 700 feet away from residential areas- and this club was 8 feet too close. So the jerk who owns the building decided to- get this- build a wall through the middle of the club and have the strippers on the far side of the zoning line and a bar on the other.. And City Council's going to let him do it!! GRRRRR.... like we really NEED another strip club in our town...!! :angry: They're just letting him slip by...

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

littleflower+JMJ

i know what you mean kat! here in our big city they can get away with murder....

its so not fair, i mean what are they doing by allowing such things?

nothing good i tell you, nothing good!!

:angry: :angry:

Grrrr :angry::angry::angry::angry: ...these type of things make me MAD......(I'm serious!!) :angry::angry::angry:

Sigh....feel the need to pray for these crazy city of ours...(Hail Mary's and Our Father's piling up....)

I'm planning to write a letter to the newspaper, but we all know it won't do much good.. :(

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

I'm planning to write a letter to the newspaper, but we all know it won't do much good.. :(

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

DON'T SAY THAT!!!

Do it anyway, at leats put in your grain of sand, it doesn't matter how small it is, it WILL make a difference, even if we don't see it! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!! For the people who read what you write in the newspaper it will have made a difference, and if not, at least the editor who chooses what to publish will read it!!! (whoa, where did that come from?? talk about bursts of INSPIRATION!!)

littleflower+JMJ

yeah go for it Kat!!

i mean its up to us to speak up right? and that letter is the best way to do that....

i know you write award winning letters, go for it!!

as vera said, it will make a difference....you'lll see!!

and if things go wrong, you can say, "I told you, i know it all along !"

go kat! go kat!!

:D :D

DON'T SAY THAT!!!

Do it anyway, at leats put in your grain of sand, it doesn't matter how small it is, it WILL make a difference, even if we don't see it! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!! For the people who read what you write in the newspaper it will have made a difference, and if not, at least the editor who chooses what to publish will read it!!! (whoa, where did that come from?? talk about bursts of INSPIRATION!!)

Thanks, I needed a little encouragement! :) I've written letters before, and people who already agree with me on the topic say that it's very good, but I never know if I'm making an impact on the opposing side..

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

Here's the letter I'm planning to send.. let me know your feedback!! I want to make a few revisions before I mail it off.

-------

Talk about toeing the line- the owner of Elliot’s Men’s Club has barely sneaked by property line restrictions requiring his “adult entertainment club” to be at least 700 feet from residential areas. City Council has allowed him to get away with this by building a solid wall through the middle of the building so that the adult entertainment section is enclosed within the north end of the club. Not only that, but they have since extended the restriction line to 750 feet. Why are our councilmen making so many exceptions to the rules?

Peoria does not need another “adult entertainment club.” We are so concerned with boosting the economy and increasing income that we are ignoring the price that it is paying on our conscience. Strip clubs are extremely dangerous to the institution of the family. Men who spend their evenings ogling big-breasted women are not men of character; they are disappointing cowards. Strip clubs play to men’s fantasies and encourage them to give in to their selfish desires. The sacredness and beauty of a woman’s body is degraded into a plaything for boys who never grew up. The sanctity of the marriage act is reduced to Friday night entertainment. Our society needs strong men who are willing to sacrifice for their families. We need men who value the true worth of women and treat them with respect. Where are the leaders? Where are the fathers?

One of the conditions the club must meet to obtain an adult license is that nothing sexual explicit may be visible from the southern part of the club. John chapter 3 of the Bible reminds us that “Everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, for fear his actions should be exposed; but a man who lives by the truth comes out into the light so that it may be plainly seen that what he does is done in God.” The mere fact that these cowards have to hide behind closed doors shows that their actions are not those of moral citizens, nor are they just innocent fun. Neighboring businesses and residents are outraged and are calling for increased police enforcement. And yet, City Council still bends to the will of the Elliot’s owner, making special concessions to allow this establishment to be built in the middle of our community.

Peoria does not need another strip club. What we need are men of character.

------

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

Okay..... take out that part about extending the restrictions to 750 feet... I just re-read that and realized it was a GOOD thing! *sigh* Never try to write when you're sleepy.. :huh:;)

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

It's a shame what happens to society when liberals get in power...

Take God out... put hedonism in...

Humanae Vitae was so right.

Good luck!

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Immaculata:

I really hope the paper in Peoria isn't liberal and prints your letter. You did an excellent job! May God bless you and your efforts, and may he have mercy on the city council of Peoria.

Our paper is generally pretty liberal.. however, I've written pro-life editorials before and they've published them (pretty much intact, too!) We have ONE conservative collumnist, Jerry Klein, who totally stands out against the grain.. go Jerry!!

I made a few changes and smoothed over a few rough edges and I'm emailing it in today.. please pray!

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina