An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites, Canyon, Ca

Totally Franciscan

Thank you for this! I am so happy for them.  All they need in their choir now is a couple of moose heads, lol.  It will be wonderful to watch how God provides for them.

2013_1021_carmelites1.jpg

I like their choir a lot!!  The fireplace, the books, the space for dead animals.  Although I think an elk head would look nicer than a moose :hehe:

00small27827754.JPG

Agreed, Vee, it should be an elk head.

And maybe a bear rug for the center of the choir?  It gets cold out there in the winter.....

2013_1021_carmelites1.jpg

I like their choir a lot!!  The fireplace, the books, the space for dead animals.  Although I think an elk head would look nicer than a moose :hehe:

00small27827754.JPG

That is actually pretty a.wesome. ;-)

brandelynmarie

I dined once at a restaurant that had a ginormous elk head above the fireplace. :meh: I ordered the duck.

That being said, thank you for the update. :nun2:

VeniJesuAmorMi

http://www.catholicvoiceoakland.org/2013/10-21/frontpage2.htm

News and updates on the Canyon Carmelites.

Really great. Thank you for sharing! :) All three of the articles on that page are really nice. Especially about the father of one of the sisters in Elysburg and how he has become so involved. It's beautiful to hear about the graces that the family of the sister receives from this vocation.

• 4 months later...

Many blessings on the individual (who wishes to remain anonymous!) who purchased the monastery for the nuns.  Now let's hope that Graciela's post--from last year--comes to fruition (that someone will create a Carmel for "us older women"!). :nun:

Will the Kensington community have the EF Mass?  Are they considered a Tridentine Carmel?  Sorry if I missed this info in a previous thread.

Chiquitunga

Will the Kensington community have the EF Mass?  Are they considered a Tridentine Carmel?  Sorry if I missed this info in a previous thread.

Yes, they do now for the most part, http://carmelites-of-canyon.blogspot.com/  although they do not have a chaplain yet, so whether they have the EF or not depends on what priest can come and what time too. Hopefully with this move they will be able to get a permanent chaplain.