An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Be A Priest...

dlz7486

Yes, I agree. No one has the "right" to be a priest - it's a privilege, a calling from God. I am in no way protesting for female priests. I love the Church the way it is. I just feel like I'm getting a mixed calling, and I don't know what to do. I have this desire, and I don't know how to fulfill it.

Thanks everyone, for your responses. I just started reading [u]Story of a Soul[/u], and I love it!

• 3 weeks later...
MichaelFilo
^_^ You should really start with the questions part of the phorum, as you posted the same exact thing, and you received some very very good advice. So, considering the advice wasn't copyrighted, I'll basically restate it. You cannot be receiving a vocation to the priesthood, however, you do love the sacraments, and you want to be as close to the Eucharist as you can. I forget the saints names, but she also wanted to be a priest, a missionary, amongst many other things for the Church. It all comes from the love for Jesus, so find a way to channel that love, because that will probably fulfill your needs to quench the burning fire. So go work in a soup kitchen, read up on the Church, share your faith with strangers, help others grow in faith, spend time in adoration ( My favorite by the way ), and stuff like that.

God Bless,

Michael Filo

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]I forget the saints names, but she also wanted to be a priest, a missionary, amongst many other things for the Church. [/quote]

St. Therese!!

[quote]"In spite of my littleness, I would like to enlighten souls as did the Prophets and the Doctors. I have the vocation of the Apostle. I would like to travel over the whole earth to preach Your Name, Lord Jesus, and to plant Your glorious cross on infidel soil. But, O my Beloved, one mission alone would not be sufficient for me. I would want to preach the Gospel on all the five continents simultaneously and even to the most remote isles. I would be a missionary not for a few years only but from the beginning of creation until the consummation of the ages. But above all, O my Beloved Savior, I would shed my blood for you even to the very last drop.... Without becoming discouraged, [Therese tells us], I continued my reading of Sacred Scripture and this is the sentence that consoled me: Strive after the better gifts, and I point out to you more excellent way. As the Apostle Paul explains how all the most perfect gifts are nothing without love, that charity is the excellent way that leads most surely to God. Understanding this, I finally had rest. Considering the Mystical Body of the Church, I had not recognized myself in any of the members described by St. Paul, or rather, I desired to see myself in all of them. Charity ~ Love ~ gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that if the Church had a body composed of different members, the most necessary and the most noble of all could not be lacking to it, and so I understood that the Church had a Heart, and this Heart was burning with Love. I understood it was Love alone that made the Church's members act, that if Love ever became extinct, apostles would not preach the Gospel and martyrs would not shed their blood. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that Love embraced all times and places, in a word, it was eternal. Then, in the excess of my delirious joy, I cried out, Oh Jesus, my Love, my vocation, at last I have it... my vocation is Love! Yes, I have found my place in the Church and it is You, O my God, who have given me this place. In the Heart of the Church, my Mother, I shall be LOVE. Thus I shall be everything and thus, my dream will be realized."[/quote]

hey I know how u feel and I still think this myself too

but here's the first thing I noticed about ur post

and when I honestly look at myself about my thoughts

your first words were "I WANT..."

that could be a problem - maybes it's not what WE WANT - but what GOD WANTS

once again I totally feel you, but trust me - the Holy Spirit is bigger than us

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jun 17 2004, 11:20 PM']

While women cannot be [b]ordained[/b] to the priesthood, the Catechism says that we share in Christ's priesthood by the Sacraments. Think and pray about that. I'm sure God will reveal your vocation to you in good time! Ask Our Lady to help you. Even she, the Mother of God, could not be ordained! Have you read [u]Story of a Soul[/u]? Please do! If you need a copy, PM me, and I'll mail one to you. [/quote]
I agree w/daughter of mary