An Old School Catholic Message Board

Second Retreat (dc's Updates)

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Hi, all! I know I haven't been on PM in...well, FOREVER. I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, I promise. I'm also not in the convent. 

I am, however, preparing for my second DSMME retreat this weekend. I'm as nervous as a racehorse. I am hoping to get application papers and start the application process in short order after returning home. This is a huge step for me and to say that the thought is daunting is a major understatement. The only thing worrying me regarding paperwork and credentials at this point (probably for no reason) is my SAT score. Everything else seems to be in good working order. 

Hey there, DC....I was just about to start a thread asking about your whereabouts and that of Lil Mon.  We've missed hearing from you!  But what great news you decided to surprise us with,  Prayers for you on your journey,

DiscerningCatholic

I guess this will be my regular discernment update thread since all of the other ones seem to have gotten lost in the Great Phatmass Purge of several months ago. (Thanks, Dust!) I'll try and keep y'all updated more than I have recently; I've kinda been taking a break from PM. 

ToJesusMyHeart

Look for the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Peace and joy are especially good indicators of confirmation in discernment. Peace, most of all, in my opinion. 

DiscerningCatholic

I'm just nervous right now. I'm sure that once I get there, I'll feel fine. I'm just a nervous wreck right now.

VeniJesuAmorMi

Flight leaves tomorrow at 7:51 EST...  :unsure:

Prayers for safe travels and for your time during the retreat. I don't know if you'll check this thread before you leave, but will you please say a prayer for me also? I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a week stay at a Carmel. Thanks so much. :)

I want to know how the cookies tasted. The Sisters were posting pictures of them making lovely chocolate chip cookies for the retreat!!