An Old School Catholic Message Board

Miles Christi

Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

So, any of you guy discerners out there, check them out!
http://www.mileschristi.org/
They are religious priests who especially stress the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. They are dedicated to sanctifying the laity, especially young people. I've been on two of their retreats for young women, and they were both wonderful! The Masses were very reverent, Ad Orientem, with some Latin. We had Benediction, Rosary, meditation, Stations of the Cross, and many other things. At Mass they asked everyone to kneel for Communion.
I highly recommend going on one of their spiritual exercises, retreats, etc.
Have any of you guys heard of them?

Catherine Therese

Hi! Yes, I've heard of MC. There was a sister in my old congregation who, prior to entering, was very involved in Miles Christi. To this day, her knitting and crochet yarns and needles/hooks are kept in a tote bag with Miles Christi printed on the side :)

Mary+Immaculate<3

Hi! Yes, I've heard of MC. There was a sister in my old congregation who, prior to entering, was very involved in Miles Christi. To this day, her knitting and crochet yarns and needles/hooks are kept in a tote bag with Miles Christi printed on the side :)

Sweet! It's nice when an order of priests has sisters who know them who can pray for them :)

• 1 year later...

I know someone who is in this Congregation (or was a few years ago; haven't heard about him since, but I assume he's still there?) and it seems like they are a wonderful group!

Catherine Therese

Sweet! It's nice when an order of priests has sisters who know them who can pray for them :)

Based on what my friend had said, I think there is some form of lay movement for men and women associated with MC too, and they do a lot in support of the priests.

Yes, there are a lot of lay people who help them and they have consecrated women as well. I'm not sure how long they've been in existence, and if they still have steps to take from being a Public Association of the Faith to something else. I'm not sure how this goes for lay consecrated communities, or if they might become a Secular Institute. I know they take private vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. There's a small group in Michigan, http://www.dioceseoflansing.org/vocations_and_formation/womens_religious_orders and more in Argentina. There isn't a group of lay consecrated men like this, but there are both Priests and Brothers. 

Based on what my friend had said, I think there is some form of lay movement for men and women associated with MC too, and they do a lot in support of the priests.

oh it looks like there's a more general Lay Association as well, http://www.mileschristi.org/miles-christi/association-of-lay-members/ They don't have anything on there about the Consecrated Women, but it was in one of their newsletters once, when they were approved, maybe 3 years ago.

Mary+Immaculate<3

Yeah I am looking forward to watching that video, I got emails from multiple people I know telling me to tune in to watch it!

As far as the lay organization, I don't know much about the entire movement. Basically I go on the retreats I can make and my friends and I carpool. Since I've been on retreats for young women, I believe 6th-12th grade girls, I have met some of the consecrated women, they're great. I'm not sure how many there are, I just know a few. Anyway, I really like the consecrated women, though I don't know how many have been through the entire formation process yet.

The OMV fathers sound really similar.

Yeah. I have a friend who had an OMV priest as a SD. One difference is that the Miles Christi priests so far do not do 8 day or 30 day Ignatian retreats as the OMVs do, http://omvretreats.org/ But I did ask one of them this once, and they plan too. That would be great! But for now, it's mostly just weekend, or some weekday, retreats, and they are pretty quick moving, though good of course. The one I would recommend is the 5 day Holy Week retreat. They take place in MI and CA every year.

Yeah I am looking forward to watching that video, I got emails from multiple people I know telling me to tune in to watch it!

As far as the lay organization, I don't know much about the entire movement. Basically I go on the retreats I can make and my friends and I carpool. Since I've been on retreats for young women, I believe 6th-12th grade girls, I have met some of the consecrated women, they're great. I'm not sure how many there are, I just know a few. Anyway, I really like the consecrated women, though I don't know how many have been through the entire formation process yet.

Thanks for sharing that! I met some of them too and really love them! Very sincere and down to earth and serious about spreading the nurturing the Faith!

So, any of you guy discerners out there, check them out!
http://www.mileschristi.org/
They are religious priests who especially stress the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. They are dedicated to sanctifying the laity, especially young people. I've been on two of their retreats for young women, and they were both wonderful! The Masses were very reverent, Ad Orientem, with some Latin. We had Benediction, Rosary, meditation, Stations of the Cross, and many other things. At Mass they asked everyone to kneel for Communion.
I highly recommend going on one of their spiritual exercises, retreats, etc.
Have any of you guys heard of them?

That's really exciting. I'm hoping to go do the spiritual exercises with them this spring.