An Old School Catholic Message Board

Developer Of Hpv Vaccines Comes Clean, Warns Parents: Giant Deadly Sca

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

http://www.feelguide.com/2013/07/16/lead-developer-of-hpv-vaccines-comes-clean-warns-parents-young-girls-its-all-a-giant-deadly-scam/

"Dr. Diane Harper was the lead researcher in the development of the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccines, Gardasilâ„¢ and Cervarixâ„¢.  She is now the latest in a long string of experts who are pressing the red alert button on the devastating consequences and irrelevancy of these vaccines.  Dr. Harper made her surprising confession at the 4th International Converence on Vaccination which took place in Reston, Virginia.  Her speech, which was originally intended to promote the benefits of the vaccines, took a 180-degree turn when she chose instead to clean her conscience about the deadly vaccines so she “could sleep at night”.  

Dr. Harper, the vaccine developer, claimed that she was speaking out, so that she might finally be able to sleep at night.  â€™About eight in every ten women who have been sexually active will have HPV at some stage of their life,’ Harper says.  â€™Normally there are no symptoms, and in 98 per cent of cases it clears itself.  But in those cases where it doesn’t, and isn’t treated, it can lead to pre-cancerous cells which may develop into cervical cancer.’

Although these two vaccines are marketed as protection against cervical cancer, this claim is purely hypothetical.  Studies have proven â€œthere is no demonstrated relationship between the condition being vaccinated for and the rare cancers that the vaccine might prevent, but it is marketed to do that nonetheless.  In fact, there is no actual evidence that the vaccine can prevent any cancer.  From the manufacturers own admissions, the vaccine only works on 4 strains out of 40 for a specific venereal disease that dies on its own in a relatively short period, so the chance of it actually helping an individual is about about the same as the chance of her being struck by a meteorite.”

Dr. Harper explained in her presentation that the cervical cancer risk in the U.S. is already extremely low, and that vaccinations are unlikely to have any effect upon the rate of cervical cancer in the United States.  In fact, 70% of all HPV infections resolve themselves without treatment in a year, and the number rises to well over 90% in two years.  Harper also mentioned the safety angle.  All trials of the vaccines were done on children aged 15 and above, despite them currently being marketed for 9-year-olds.

So far, 15,037 girls have reported adverse side effects from Gardasilâ„¢ alone to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), and this number only reflects parents who underwent the hurdles required for reporting adverse reactions.  At the time of writing, 44 girls are officially known to have died from these vaccines.  The reported side effects include Guillian Barré Syndrome (paralysis lasting for years, or permanently — sometimes eventually causing suffocation), lupus, seizures, blood clots, and brain inflammation.  Parents are usually not made aware of these risks. 

I saw this a while ago. So sad. My mom refused the vaccine for me because she saw it as completely unnecessary for me and because it was super new. I'm thankful she did!

Generally speaking, refusing vaccines is incredibly dangerous and foolish, but in this case I can see why people are concerned, since the vaccine doesn't have much benefit.

This is actually one reason I'm against vaccines in most cases. Most go on the market way before we know the long-term effects. Same goes for most pharmaceuticals. Unnecessary and dangerous...

(Go ahead and lambast me as a backwards anti-social primitive, ppl. I'll be ignoring you.)

Cervical cancer is not a rare cancer. It was at one time the leading cause of cancer death for women in the United States (killing more women than breast cancer). It has been brought under control only because of an extremely aggressive mass screening program.

The story above is from an internet meme based in part on an article in the Sunday Express (a British tabloid). As with many of the sensationalistic stories in the British press it wasn't well-sourced.

Ben Goldacre, a columnist from The Guardian, followed up with Dr Harper. (The Guardian is another British newspaper, but much more sedate, like The Telegraph). To quote:

"I fully support the HPV vaccines,” she says. “I believe that in general they are safe in most women. I told the Express all of this.”

She filed a complaint with the PCC, which stands for Press Complaints Commission, which is a regulatory body for the UK press.

Read the entire story and interview here.

And don't forward facebook memes without googling first, especially when they have to do with health issues. How awful if a woman neglects to take care of her screening "because I saw posted on Phatmass an article where an EXPERT said hpv goes away on its own, it's no big deal" and then she becomes really ill.

Just this morning after Mass, the topic came up again.

This time, the person was saying they had heard the HPV vaccine causes premature menopause, aka POF.

As someone who actually has idiopathic premature menopause, I didn't quite know what to say.

I've never had the vaccine, I've had my genes analyzed and everything is normal. They don't know the cause in most women who get POF. That's tough to deal with, but correlation and causation are not the same thing. Millions of women have been vaccinated, and there's been no increase in POF noted in that population... it's still literally a 1 in a 1,000 chance. They've been watching these women for more than a decade.

There seem to be more and more of these moments of popular hysteria occurring. Where people just trust whatever their friends or other members of the crowd are saying, as long as it confirms what they already believe. I'm frightened because it's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to take advantage of this to whip people into a frenzy for no good purpose.

um I wouldn't worry about it. People have been spreading stuff like this among their "friends" forever now its actually easier to debunk and shut down.

what is it with vaccines anyway. Just this week some chick on facebook got p-oed at me after she posted an article about how the flu vaccine was a load of you know what; called me uncharitable because I pointed out that the "article" was actually an ad for some kind of superfood. Like really? You are the one passing on junk science as the real deal, maybe getting a bunch of your sheep-like friends sick in the process, and I'm uncharitable? meeeeehhh

This is the second time this week where I have come across someone posting shenanigans involving vaccines. 

Its a pretty scary thing that people are eating up the pseudoscience surrounding vaccines. People are choosing to opt out now based on misinformation. Had this been 100 years ago and loves ones were dying from small pox, measles, and the like...we would all be praying for something to cure us. We have this amazing luxury of living in a time period where these diseases are completely or almost completely eradicated. However recently, due to this anti-vac movement, we are seeing the largest resurgence in diseases like measles than we have in a long time.

This is a scary thing. 

Edited by CrossCuT

Well, whatever the reason for the increased frequency of this anti-vaccination pish-posh, its synching up perfectly with the vaccine sections of my immunology and microbiology courses in OMS1, so thanks for keeping me on my toes lol! :D

Also, if I had a week to tackle every aspect of the "scientific statements" above, it wouldnt be enough time.

I suspect that the rise some have perceived in both "public hysteria" and anti-vaccine sentiment is caused by:

(1) The massive surge in social media use, in the former case. Social media spread hysteria so much faster than mass media, and even those spread hysteria quite quickly. Not to mention one is more inclined to believe things that are heard from trusted friends/relatives, whereas these days we are rather skeptical of mass media.

(2) In the latter case, it's most likely an outgrowth of the turn to more natural ways of living. Organic food, local eating, non-GMO agriculture, natural remedies, homeopathy, etc., are all "trending" at the moment. All of that stuff is (purportedly) "anti-establishment". So would be the case for the anti-vaccine position. It's probably a halo effect.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!

Look at some of the literature from 100 or more years ago related to vaccination, for instance

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1641090/

http://people.wku.edu/charles.smith/wallace/S536.htm

Folks were just as rabid then as they are now.

About Dr. Harper:

She is not at all against the vaccine; you can tell this by reading her recent papers.  Her most recent,
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0077961,
talks about whether the vaccine is being given efficiently.   Another very recent one,
http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/208/9/1391.short, talks about how the Cervarix HPV vaccine turns out to reduce genital warts.
And in http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/105/10/749.short she *advocates giving the vaccine to young boys*!   All of which really doesn't support the notion that she is warning parents away from giving the vaccine to kids.

Edited by DanKegel

brandelynmarie

:welcome: DanKegel. And I do believe that many vaccines are necessary & wonderful, but I have often wondered how detrimental it can be to some children to give their systems a bundle of vaccines all at once...& to be honest, I don't trust the HPV vaccine as it only targets a small number of the viruses (I mean, what are the odds of it actually protecting a person!)...I feel pretty much the same about the flu vaccine, but I do receive it since I work in the medical field. :)

Its just silly poo poo

I wonder how many people thought that way when the first Thalidomide babies were born? The C.D.C says the most severe reaction from the flu vaccine is Guillain-Barre Syndrome, GBS, which causes temporary to permanent neurological damage, has been associated with only one type of influenza vaccine. The CDC cites studies suggesting chances of acquiring GBS from current vaccines is less than one in a million.  Wish I could find a lottery with those odds !....

I personally know a customer of mine who became paralyzed, losing the use of both his arms and legs from a flu vaccine. It took him over two years to regain the use of his limbs. He had no recourse as the paper he signed listed that as a possible side effect...

In truth most of these cures and preventative vaccines are rushed out for the good of the Pharm companies, big money sometimes outweighs other considerations...

Has anyone ever heard the side effects of the popular Bi-polar drug Abilify? This is a link to that list as its far to long to try to write or copy here, http://www.drugs.com/sfx/abilify-side-effects.html , funny thing on the TV commercial they repeat most of these and add at the end " in rare cases death"

ed