An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dog Is Dying

missionseeker

missionseeker

Cancer.  She had an infection at the area a couple of weeks ago. She was on antibiotics, but they were making her bloated and it's back. She's starting to have trouble getting in and out of the house. And she's starting to have trouble breathing, it looks like. 

:cry:

it will be okay. it is so hard. poor baby doggie. even though she is suffering she knows you love her and that helps her. prayers for you.

brandelynmarie

:cry: :pray: peace be with you...St. Martin de Porres & St. Francis & St. Rapael Archangel, pray for her...

Edited by brandelynmarie

• 3 weeks later...
missionseeker

How are you doing, MissionSeeker?  We are concerned for you both....

Thanks for asking, we are ok. I am doing better, even though she is not. 

She was doing alright for a while but I think she is starting to decline. Her original tumor is getting bigger (actually, it's almost baseball size. I can't even fit my hand around it), and I have found several others, most recently on her other knee and a lymph node. Now that it's hit her lymph nodes, I'm not sure how much longer she's got. She is starting to be less mobile (not in that she can't move, she moves pretty well, considering, but she chooses not to move). She no longer follows me around the house constantly. She also doesn't come stay with me in the kitchen for long periods of time. It's pretty sad, and I didn't realize how much I'd miss that. Her infections have gone away, though so that is good. 

looking back, she's probably had cancer the whole time that I've had her. The first time I took her in she was showing some warning signs (that almost always get misdiagnosed as arthritis), but I switched her food and put her on some fish oil for her joints. Turns out, an arthritis diet is the same as the canine cancer diet, so I think she was able to fight it a little bit at first. (But that's still at least 6 months of fight, pretty impressive for a cancer with average survival of 2-3 months, I think). 

So it's a little rough right now, but we're pulling through