An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

I can check off the list marinating the pork. The marinate is actually apple, plum, and blackberry butter (failed attempt) with Worchester steak sauce.  It actually works really well for a marinate.

I am making a chocolate moose (sp?) cake and freezing it today. And I need to get some grapes, cheese and pretzel sticks for my appetizer. (You stick the pretzel stick in the cheese cube and it looks and taste really good.)

Oh and I will make hot chocolate in a crock pot for another desert/drink. I know my little cousins will love that.

I already have a 2 hour delay and now I just have to be patient and wait for the second call at 4 in the morning. I have made four pairs of earring today. 3 for my friends for St. Valentine's Day and one for myself to go with my school uniform and my eyes.... I might upload some pictures later.  

here is a video that should be on everybody's playlist -  Monks singing Gregorian in a Catholic Benedictine Seminary.

Today is my grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary!!! WOOHOO!!! Now it is time to go get ready and help set up even more... Oh well.

A lot of fun yesterday! Everyone had a great time and my grandparent's had a great time. Oh and the food went over well.

Well, I got a bad grade on my math test and now I have a C in the class... :( And I just finished my math homework for today so that is good!

ChristinaTherese

What kind of math? Are you having trouble in general, or just with this test? (I'd be glad to try to help explain if you need that.)

It is algebra I. I get the material but then I forget it in my evil teacher's class room. I hate how he arranges the test and he barely teaches us the math so I use classzone - algebra I 2007 and my father to teach me the material. We are one Chapter 9 section 4 right now. My dad checked my homework tonight and I got 2 out of 50 wrong. My teacher said last year he was there to teach us how to learn, not to do math. That annoyed me because isn't his job to teach us to both?

I hate it when teachers play stump the student.

REALLY hate it.

It is his job to help you to learn.... math.   Uh, duh?

One of the nice things about college is that you will have the chance to weed dear souls like this OUT of your program.

For now, all you can do is do the best you and your dad can do to learn Algebra I - and offer up dealing with Mr. Teacher.

It is algebra I. I get the material but then I forget it in my evil teacher's class room. I hate how he arranges the test and he barely teaches us the math so I use classzone - algebra I 2007 and my father to teach me the material. We are one Chapter 9 section 4 right now. My dad checked my homework tonight and I got 2 out of 50 wrong. My teacher said last year he was there to teach us how to learn, not to do math. That annoyed me because isn't his job to teach us to both?

Yeah, it is his job to teach you both.  How can you learn if you cannot do?  Anne-Line is right, college will be much better.  

My mother has actually thought about sending to the public school for a better education. She despises my math teacher and we barely go to mass or adoration anymore. I have argued that the bullying and influence would be stronger there and I might fall into the wrong crowd. I have always gone to this school and it would be kind of odd going to the public school with no religion classes.

So I thought today was going to be a good day since my math teacher could not make it to school for family reasons, but it was actually a really bad day. Two of my classmates (one who I think has a crush on me) put a lock on my locker so I couldn't get in. finally he gave me the key but well I was unlocking the locker and getting out my books he unclasped my medals from around my neck and took them. I thought he was going to pull my hair so I was just waiting so I would have permission to kick him right were it would hurt. I gave him his padlock but kept the key just in case he tried to do it again and I just walked towards one of the teachers and then Joey (guy with crush) gave me back my medals but my John Paul II one was missing. I found it on the floor in front of my locker. And on top of that I forgot the book I am reading at my house and my friend did not bring The Fault in Our Stars.  :(  #bad day  

ChristinaTherese

Life hurts sometimes doesn't it. (Or maybe that's just me thrusting my general feelings about life lately onto you.) I hope the rest of the day is better and tomorrow is too.

Do you have another book you're reading while you wait for The Fault in our Stars?