An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Meeting went fine but I mainly discussed my pro-life ministry with him instead of my vocation which was totally fine with me. My SD spoke to him afterwards though so idk what they talked about. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2016 at 5:25 PM, Charbel said:

That's wonderful! Where is the retreat?

Btw, I just gave you your 600th prop!

She is letting me choseso I'm taking my time discern where I want to go on retreat lol. And thanks for the 600th prop!!! 

So my mom my mom and I had a super huge blow out last Monday (Nov 28) and I kind of left my house. I ran away in the rain to my aunt's house stayed there until today (Dec 7.) Prayers please, the reasons why I left are a tad bit too much for me to write about right now. Maybe I'll do it another day when I'm feeling up to it. 

CountrySteve21

Remember satan loves to divide families. He will even use good intentions, such as your discernment, to drive a wedge in your relationship with your mother. I'll remember you  and your mother in my rosary today; especially that you find someone wise to talk your concerns over with.

:amen:

On 12/10/2016 at 11:10 AM, CountrySteve21 said:

Remember satan loves to divide families. He will even use good intentions, such as your discernment, to drive a wedge in your relationship with your mother. I'll remember you  and your mother in my rosary today; especially that you find someone wise to talk your concerns over with.

:amen:

Thank you! My mom and I are doing well for right now. Let's just wait for Christmas and emotions to be high though...

So I contacted the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles yesterday through snail mail and am waiting patiently for a reply. Prayers please! I wrote the letter on Tuesday and gave myself ample time to back out but my spiritual director told me to just mail it already. He was just like, "It's time Carter, just do it already!" :topsy: I did it though and now I feel a tad bit more peaceful lol! 

Happy (almost) Christmas!!! Still no reply but it's only been a week. The waiting game continues... Is there anything (besides prayer, frequent reception of the Sacraments, etc) that I should be doing? 

Merry Christmas to you to Carter! Don't worry about the lack of reply right now. I'm sure you're aware, but most community's don't speak to people (unless there is absolute need) in Advent/Lent. I'm enduring the same silence with the community I'm discerning with too! (you'll see a post soon btw...)

In addition to frequent prayer and reception of the Sacraments (good things! I'm glad you're doing these), I'd say some of the best things you can do right now is to "follow the little Therese". By that, I mean imitate her little way in each situation you come across, and in each person you meet truly see Christ in them. Treat others with a new love, make frequent sacrifices, and obey your mother as best you can (some of the best advice I've ever received from a priest, but the most difficult to fulfill by far). In hoping to become a future religious, obedience is of utmost importance. If you can learn to obey your mother now, then in RL it will not be so much of a struggle to carry out. It will be very difficult, but if you are able to overcome your own will and take up your cross willingly, then you will have overcome a terrible hardship and made Jesus very happy. After all, He was obedient to His mother too! 

I'm praying for you Carter and please say a prayer for me too! You can PM me anytime if you'd like to talk about RL :like2: 

17 hours ago, cartermia said:

Happy (almost) Christmas!!! Still no reply but it's only been a week. The waiting game continues... Is there anything (besides prayer, frequent reception of the Sacraments, etc) that I should be doing? 

I think it took them a couple of weeks to get back to me when I first wrote. I would give it a week or so after Christmas to hear anything back. When I last heard from them they said Christmas is a very busy time for them.

Also focus on really being present to your family this Christmas. It can be hard but God will give you the grace (if you ask Him ;) )

CountrySteve21

Do what the Little Flower did. Make everything you do or say an act of love for our Lord. Try  doing some small mortification (especially acts of humility).

Merry Christmas!

Christmas season is going abnormally well right now! This morning, I was praying my Rosary by my aunt's pond and my intention was for patience in waiting for a reply from the Benedictines of Mary (BoM.) I just got home and checked the mail. There was the letter I had been waiting for. 

Question: when the novice mistress ask about my health what is she specifically looking for? Family health background, personal, if I passed my physical, blood work, what exactly does she seek? I'm probably over thinking it. My blood work is fine (slightly anemic but most teenage girls are) and I've passed my physical always. I'm overweight but not obese. I wear glasses/contacts. Family history on my dad's side is unknown besides him and that's heart problems (cause of death) before age 50. What am I suppose to say lol? 

Yay on hearing back!

I think she is probably asking about your health in general. Mostly if you personally are on medication or have a known issue. It sounds like you are generally in good health. So that is what I would suggest telling her (that you are in generally good health).

Spem in alium

If she's not asking you to go for any check-ups or anything, TT's suggestions are good to follow. If you will need to have a medical test they will most likely ask you about your family history, etc.

My application was full-on (a lot of paperwork and tests) - don't be dissuaded! It all has importance and it all leads to something so beautiful. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all!!! Thanks for the help! I'm totally new to actually reaching out to communities so yeah I need lots of help. 

Please say a prayer for me. I've been having a lot of demonic oppression (like extremely bad) and I told my sister about it. She said that I have until Sunday to tell my mom or else she will tell her because she is concerned about me. 

I spoke to my SD today and he's Said that I neeed to tell my mom before my sister could. I'm trying to reason with my sister right now and buy myself more time because I'm not ready to tell my mom everything that's been going on. 

My SD told me that I need to not procrastinate though and it's going to be a hard conversation any ways. I might as well get it over with. 

I'm just stressed right now so prayers please!!! 

On a happy note, I'm going to the March for Life next week!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
CountrySteve21
On 1/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, cartermia said:

Hey y'all!!! Thanks for the help! I'm totally new to actually reaching out to communities so yeah I need lots of help. 

Please say a prayer for me. I've been having a lot of demonic oppression (like extremely bad) and I told my sister about it. She said that I have until Sunday to tell my mom or else she will tell her because she is concerned about me. 

I spoke to my SD today and he's Said that I neeed to tell my mom before my sister could. I'm trying to reason with my sister right now and buy myself more time because I'm not ready to tell my mom everything that's been going on. 

My SD told me that I need to not procrastinate though and it's going to be a hard conversation any ways. I might as well get it over with. 

I'm just stressed right now so prayers please!!! 

On a happy note, I'm going to the March for Life next week!!! 

You will be in my prayers. I hope it wen't well with your mother and sister. 

Pax