An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

4 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

You will be in my prayers. I hope it wen't well with your mother and sister. 

Pax

I actually managed my way out of it and convinced my sister not to tell my mom. 

A question for you all... 

How does one overcome disobedience and grow to respect one's superiors more? I need to learn this before even contemplating religious life I've realized because this will be one of my greatest trials I can tell. 

CountrySteve21

First by praye

16 minutes ago, cartermia said:

I actually managed my way out of it and convinced my sister not to tell my mom. 

A question for you all... 

How does one overcome disobedience and grow to respect one's superiors more? I need to learn this before even contemplating religious life I've realized because this will be one of my greatest trials I can tell. 

First, by prayer. In the context of religious life, if your superior asks you to do something, do not  complain. Do what they ask without hesitation and grumbling. Do it out of love for God, thats how you can grow in obedience. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm... Carter is mad. Very mad. 

My mom is not letting me go this summer to visit Ephesus and since I will not be 18 until September, I cannot go of my own consent. I am getting frustrated. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers right now please. I just want to cry. Emotions. Ewwwww.... 

Please pray for Matt (a guy I know) who tried to hang himself this past week and was unsuccessful, thank God. Also, please keep Andrew (another guy I know) who was in a massive car accident last night. 

Update: Matt passed away on Monday and his funeral is tomorrow. Please pray him, his family, and his friends. 

Andrew is doing better but has a lot of broken bones.

Warning... Languagefollows 

High school. Get me out of here. Please. 

So this guy thought that I would take pictures of my female classmates while they were showering this past fall while we were on senior retreat. I of course said no. 

My female classmates and I were talking about senior trip (going to a beach) and how Alex (the guy) has said that he's going to be super lustful and that the guys were (pardon me...) be masturbating the most they ever have. 

Some of my classmates were concerned that he might take pictures of us while on the beach and make mean social media post about us. 

A teacher heard us talking about this and she reported it to our principal. Apparently Alex got called into the office would deny nor confirm anything. He told Mrs. C (principal) that he would go because if he did then he didn't want to be listing over everyone and creating drama.  

Now Alex is blaming me and I woke up to hatefilled text this morning. Here is one from this afternoon." 

"Carter honestly there's nothing I can do or say here to hurt you. I'm a good person down under and you know it like it or not. I'd never take any pictures of anyone especially u don't feel special. I have so little confidence and like other things and what you took from me was my name. Everyone is asking about why I'm taking pictures of girls and stuff and you caused it. You're no better than how maggie and grace used to treat you. I've been torn up all day, holding back tears believe that croutons or not. But just know you did to me what maggie and grace did to you. Just leave me alone, you can't fix it, you can't make me feel better, I'm the school perv because of you." 

And another... 

"Every feeling I've ever had for you has turned to pain and hatred carter." 

So yeah im kind of done right now. 

Hna.Caridad

Wow.

Carter, I don't know what to say, other than I'm worried/concerned about you.  You've got a lot going on right now.

Please, please, please talk with a real-life (not anonymous internet) trusted adult (your Mom, a teacher, anyone) about the whole Alex thing.  First, he asked you to commit a crime and now he's harassing you on the weekend.  This is not right, not normal, not your fault, and way bigger than any adult, much less a teenager would or should be able to handle on their own.  

After doing that, it would be worth considering shutting your phone off for extended periods of time (if possible, from the minute you step in the door to your house until the minute you leave it).  I would guess that if your Mom or another adult is in the house with you, there would be no reason to have the phone on (I can't fathom any emergency that would or could happen in which a person would need to contact you instead of them).  

Shutting the phone off is hard at first, and...you will probably feel much better when you take control over when you're going to expose yourself to the possibility of reading the kinds of texts that Alex or others might be sending.  You work hard at school all week--you don't need to be bringing school drama home with you at the end of the school day (and especially not on weekends!)

Being the best high school student you can be is your vocation right now, and that extends beyond just getting good grades--it includes learning how to set up healthy boundaries, balancing friendships & family responsibilities, and growing in your relationship with God.

The high school years go fast--be intentional about taking the time to learn new skills, pick up new hobbies, and develop some positive real-life relationships & memories right now.

Please know that you're in my prayers, as are Matt & Andrew.  I hope you have a blessed Holy Week!

I have let my spiritual director (who is also the school chaplain) know about the texts. I've been screenshotting them and sending them to Fr. B as they come. He's helping me work through this right now. I've slightly told my mom what's going on but I haven't at the same time. It will worry her and stress her out.

Alex was threatening to reveal some of my fears and insecurities, that I told him about in a moment of vulnerability after my dad died, on social media (mainly twitter) and since I've given up social media for Lent I can't even go on and check or defend myself. I have done of my friends keeping track of him right now though. They have agreed to screenshot anything that is about me so I can send it to Fr. B. He said if anything went up on social media by either party (Alex or me) then they would be in lots of trouble. 

I literally cannot wait to graduate in a month and a half. I know where I'm going to college, what I want to major in, and how I'm going to go about the discerning stuff. Let's just hope that my plan works hahahaha!!! 

PS: I am trying to stay off of my phone anyways during lent so I might just keep my phone in my book bag or purse and try not to use it unless I need to get a hold of family this week. 

• 3 months later...

It's been forever you all! I graduated in May 27th and was accepted into Berea College. I was selected for their Bridge program which is a summer program and I'll take two classes, a science class and a hamnaitues class. 

I start the falk fall semester on August 19th but first day of classes is the 23rd. I'll be taking Latin, two music classes (plus private lessons on piano and organ,) and two basic classes. 

Please pray for me as I start this new chapter in my life and please pray for my mom as we starts this new chapter as well. 

Thank you, you all so much for always being there and offering advice to me! The little 12 year old girl who made an account on this phorum has changed over the past 5 years and you all have been such a positive influence on me. My faith had grown tremendously, (I think...) I've grown in wisdom, and I truly am not the same girl. I've changed for the better, so thank you all for letting me share my adventures with you and I can't wait for more to come! 

God bless you all and may Our Lady protect you all the days of your life! 

Edited by cartermia
Typo

• 3 months later...

Hey! 

I don't know what I am doing with my life but at least I am living. Smh I need prayers right now please. 

5 hours ago, cartermia said:

Hey! 

I don't know what I am doing with my life but at least I am living. Smh I need prayers right now please. 

Of course. You just got a Memorare, three Hail Marys, and a Little Invocation, and are included at Mass intentions the next time I go.

Edited by chrysostom

I also want to say that the first year of college life was a dark one for me. Sure, I made some friends, but I experienced great loneliness, and all my accomplishments prior didn't make up for all my inadequacies and the mistakes I was making. I didn't even have the Catholic understanding of suffering, or Confession, or the Eucharist to turn to.

Since becoming Catholic, I didn't exactly transform overnight into a superhero. I squandered away so many opportunities even after, and I haven't finished paying for my mistakes - and I haven't even finished making them! But I've learned that no matter how hard I try or how low I fall I can find peace in the arms of the Sorrowful Mother, and hope and healing in the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, and grace to continue through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I wake in the morning and meditate a little on the Gospel of the day, and ask myself what do I desire? Somewhere, inside, my heart says, "I want God". Then I ask for the grace to seek Him in spite of myself.

Our Lady of Fatima said,

"Are you suffering a great deal? Don’t lose heart. I will never forsake you.  My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge, and the way that will lead you to God."

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 2:51 PM, chrysostom said:

I also want to say that the first year of college life was a dark one for me. Sure, I made some friends, but I experienced great loneliness, and all my accomplishments prior didn't make up for all my inadequacies and the mistakes I was making. I didn't even have the Catholic understanding of suffering, or Confession, or the Eucharist to turn to.

Since becoming Catholic, I didn't exactly transform overnight into a superhero. I squandered away so many opportunities even after, and I haven't finished paying for my mistakes - and I haven't even finished making them! But I've learned that no matter how hard I try or how low I fall I can find peace in the arms of the Sorrowful Mother, and hope and healing in the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, and grace to continue through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I wake in the morning and meditate a little on the Gospel of the day, and ask myself what do I desire? Somewhere, inside, my heart says, "I want God". Then I ask for the grace to seek Him in spite of myself.

Our Lady of Fatima said,

"Are you suffering a great deal? Don’t lose heart. I will never forsake you.  My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge, and the way that will lead you to God."

Thank you so much! You literally don't know how much I needed that. 

```

I started a pro-life group on my college and am getting a lot of rejection from people I thought were friends, pushback from administration, and hate from the student body in general. On November 27th, an abortionist who is an alumni is going to speak. My group (20+ people) are protesting it because the pro-choice agenda does not align with the Christian morals of this college. 

```

I am going on a visit to a community over spring break (Sister, Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary) and am potentially going to visit the Benedictines of Mary over summer break. 

```

My campus community needs your prayers. Two student were killed this past weekend in a car accident and a recent alum was killed last week in a different car accident. 

```

My mom is coming down on Wednesday to see me and going to Mass with me. She, I know, is missing me being at the house but is also really missing my dad. Please pray for her as well. 

```

Thanks y'all please know for my continued prayers for all of you! 

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas!

I passed all my classes for my first semester! I survived! Okay that's it. Sorry that I haven't been posting lately. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/27/2017 at 11:30 PM, cartermia said:

Merry Christmas!

I passed all my classes for my first semester! I survived! Okay that's it. Sorry that I haven't been posting lately.

Hey! I know this is an old post, so you may not see my response, but I hope all is well. We used to talk a few years ago and I was recently wondering about you; I had a different username/account then.