Sign in to follow this  
cartermia

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia    611
cartermia

Christmas season is going abnormally well right now! This morning, I was praying my Rosary by my aunt's pond and my intention was for patience in waiting for a reply from the Benedictines of Mary (BoM.) I just got home and checked the mail. There was the letter I had been waiting for. 

Question: when the novice mistress ask about my health what is she specifically looking for? Family health background, personal, if I passed my physical, blood work, what exactly does she seek? I'm probably over thinking it. My blood work is fine (slightly anemic but most teenage girls are) and I've passed my physical always. I'm overweight but not obese. I wear glasses/contacts. Family history on my dad's side is unknown besides him and that's heart problems (cause of death) before age 50. What am I suppose to say lol? 

TheresaThoma    2,286
TheresaThoma

Yay on hearing back!

I think she is probably asking about your health in general. Mostly if you personally are on medication or have a known issue. It sounds like you are generally in good health. So that is what I would suggest telling her (that you are in generally good health).

Spem in alium    3,611
Spem in alium

If she's not asking you to go for any check-ups or anything, TT's suggestions are good to follow. If you will need to have a medical test they will most likely ask you about your family history, etc.

My application was full-on (a lot of paperwork and tests) - don't be dissuaded! It all has importance and it all leads to something so beautiful. 

cartermia    611
cartermia

Hey y'all!!! Thanks for the help! I'm totally new to actually reaching out to communities so yeah I need lots of help. 

Please say a prayer for me. I've been having a lot of demonic oppression (like extremely bad) and I told my sister about it. She said that I have until Sunday to tell my mom or else she will tell her because she is concerned about me. 

I spoke to my SD today and he's Said that I neeed to tell my mom before my sister could. I'm trying to reason with my sister right now and buy myself more time because I'm not ready to tell my mom everything that's been going on. 

My SD told me that I need to not procrastinate though and it's going to be a hard conversation any ways. I might as well get it over with. 

I'm just stressed right now so prayers please!!! 

On a happy note, I'm going to the March for Life next week!!! 

CountrySteve21    309
CountrySteve21
On 1/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, cartermia said:

Hey y'all!!! Thanks for the help! I'm totally new to actually reaching out to communities so yeah I need lots of help. 

Please say a prayer for me. I've been having a lot of demonic oppression (like extremely bad) and I told my sister about it. She said that I have until Sunday to tell my mom or else she will tell her because she is concerned about me. 

I spoke to my SD today and he's Said that I neeed to tell my mom before my sister could. I'm trying to reason with my sister right now and buy myself more time because I'm not ready to tell my mom everything that's been going on. 

My SD told me that I need to not procrastinate though and it's going to be a hard conversation any ways. I might as well get it over with. 

I'm just stressed right now so prayers please!!! 

On a happy note, I'm going to the March for Life next week!!! 

You will be in my prayers. I hope it wen't well with your mother and sister. 

Pax

cartermia    611
cartermia
4 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

You will be in my prayers. I hope it wen't well with your mother and sister. 

Pax

I actually managed my way out of it and convinced my sister not to tell my mom. 

A question for you all... 

How does one overcome disobedience and grow to respect one's superiors more? I need to learn this before even contemplating religious life I've realized because this will be one of my greatest trials I can tell. 

CountrySteve21    309
CountrySteve21

First by praye

16 minutes ago, cartermia said:

I actually managed my way out of it and convinced my sister not to tell my mom. 

A question for you all... 

How does one overcome disobedience and grow to respect one's superiors more? I need to learn this before even contemplating religious life I've realized because this will be one of my greatest trials I can tell. 

First, by prayer. In the context of religious life, if your superior asks you to do something, do not  complain. Do what they ask without hesitation and grumbling. Do it out of love for God, thats how you can grow in obedience. 

cartermia    611
cartermia

Hmmmm... Carter is mad. Very mad. 

My mom is not letting me go this summer to visit Ephesus and since I will not be 18 until September, I cannot go of my own consent. I am getting frustrated. :(

cartermia    611
cartermia

Prayers right now please. I just want to cry. Emotions. Ewwwww.... 

Please pray for Matt (a guy I know) who tried to hang himself this past week and was unsuccessful, thank God. Also, please keep Andrew (another guy I know) who was in a massive car accident last night. 

cartermia    611
cartermia

Update: Matt passed away on Monday and his funeral is tomorrow. Please pray him, his family, and his friends. 

Andrew is doing better but has a lot of broken bones.

Warning... Languagefollows 

High school. Get me out of here. Please. 

So this guy thought that I would take pictures of my female classmates while they were showering this past fall while we were on senior retreat. I of course said no. 

My female classmates and I were talking about senior trip (going to a beach) and how Alex (the guy) has said that he's going to be super lustful and that the guys were (pardon me...) be masturbating the most they ever have. 

Some of my classmates were concerned that he might take pictures of us while on the beach and make mean social media post about us. 

A teacher heard us talking about this and she reported it to our principal. Apparently Alex got called into the office would deny nor confirm anything. He told Mrs. C (principal) that he would go because if he did then he didn't want to be listing over everyone and creating drama.  

Now Alex is blaming me and I woke up to hatefilled text this morning. Here is one from this afternoon." 

"Carter honestly there's nothing I can do or say here to hurt you. I'm a good person down under and you know it like it or not. I'd never take any pictures of anyone especially u don't feel special. I have so little confidence and like other things and what you took from me was my name. Everyone is asking about why I'm taking pictures of girls and stuff and you caused it. You're no better than how maggie and grace used to treat you. I've been torn up all day, holding back tears believe that croutons or not. But just know you did to me what maggie and grace did to you. Just leave me alone, you can't fix it, you can't make me feel better, I'm the school perv because of you." 

And another... 

"Every feeling I've ever had for you has turned to pain and hatred carter." 

So yeah im kind of done right now. 

Hna.Caridad    41
Hna.Caridad

Wow.

Carter, I don't know what to say, other than I'm worried/concerned about you.  You've got a lot going on right now.

Please, please, please talk with a real-life (not anonymous internet) trusted adult (your Mom, a teacher, anyone) about the whole Alex thing.  First, he asked you to commit a crime and now he's harassing you on the weekend.  This is not right, not normal, not your fault, and way bigger than any adult, much less a teenager would or should be able to handle on their own.  

After doing that, it would be worth considering shutting your phone off for extended periods of time (if possible, from the minute you step in the door to your house until the minute you leave it).  I would guess that if your Mom or another adult is in the house with you, there would be no reason to have the phone on (I can't fathom any emergency that would or could happen in which a person would need to contact you instead of them).  

Shutting the phone off is hard at first, and...you will probably feel much better when you take control over when you're going to expose yourself to the possibility of reading the kinds of texts that Alex or others might be sending.  You work hard at school all week--you don't need to be bringing school drama home with you at the end of the school day (and especially not on weekends!)

Being the best high school student you can be is your vocation right now, and that extends beyond just getting good grades--it includes learning how to set up healthy boundaries, balancing friendships & family responsibilities, and growing in your relationship with God.

The high school years go fast--be intentional about taking the time to learn new skills, pick up new hobbies, and develop some positive real-life relationships & memories right now.

Please know that you're in my prayers, as are Matt & Andrew.  I hope you have a blessed Holy Week!

cartermia    611
cartermia

I have let my spiritual director (who is also the school chaplain) know about the texts. I've been screenshotting them and sending them to Fr. B as they come. He's helping me work through this right now. I've slightly told my mom what's going on but I haven't at the same time. It will worry her and stress her out.

Alex was threatening to reveal some of my fears and insecurities, that I told him about in a moment of vulnerability after my dad died, on social media (mainly twitter) and since I've given up social media for Lent I can't even go on and check or defend myself. I have done of my friends keeping track of him right now though. They have agreed to screenshot anything that is about me so I can send it to Fr. B. He said if anything went up on social media by either party (Alex or me) then they would be in lots of trouble. 

I literally cannot wait to graduate in a month and a half. I know where I'm going to college, what I want to major in, and how I'm going to go about the discerning stuff. Let's just hope that my plan works hahahaha!!! 

PS: I am trying to stay off of my phone anyways during lent so I might just keep my phone in my book bag or purse and try not to use it unless I need to get a hold of family this week. 

cartermia    611
cartermia

It's been forever you all! I graduated in May 27th and was accepted into Berea College. I was selected for their Bridge program which is a summer program and I'll take two classes, a science class and a hamnaitues class. 

I start the falk fall semester on August 19th but first day of classes is the 23rd. I'll be taking Latin, two music classes (plus private lessons on piano and organ,) and two basic classes. 

Please pray for me as I start this new chapter in my life and please pray for my mom as we starts this new chapter as well. 

Thank you, you all so much for always being there and offering advice to me! The little 12 year old girl who made an account on this phorum has changed over the past 5 years and you all have been such a positive influence on me. My faith had grown tremendously, (I think...) I've grown in wisdom, and I truly am not the same girl. I've changed for the better, so thank you all for letting me share my adventures with you and I can't wait for more to come! 

God bless you all and may Our Lady protect you all the days of your life! 

Edited by cartermia
Typo

chrysostom    830
chrysostom
5 hours ago, cartermia said:

Hey! 

I don't know what I am doing with my life but at least I am living. Smh I need prayers right now please. 

Of course. You just got a Memorare, three Hail Marys, and a Little Invocation, and are included at Mass intentions the next time I go.

Edited by chrysostom