An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Not A Mallard

Sweet! I have been wanting to read it since it first came out! I hinted about it and he told today that it would be coming in the mail on Friday.

I gave up fiction for lent (again...) so I needed a good nonfiction book. Any other suggestions?

Surprised by Truth. Each installment of the series features conversion stories, mostly from Protestants. I've only read the first one, but it was pretty good.

Sweet! I have been wanting to read it since it first came out! I hinted about it and he told today that it would be coming in the mail on Friday.

I gave up fiction for lent (again...) so I needed a good nonfiction book. Any other suggestions?

The Shadow of His Wings, by Fr. Gereon Goldmann (About a German Catholic in World War II)

To Myself a Stranger:  A Biography of Rose Hawthorne Lathrop, by Patricia Valenti (Rose Hawthorne Lathrop was the daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne and the founder of the Hawthorne Dominicans.)

The Little Flowers of St. Francis (A collection of vignettes about St. Francis and his friars.)

I also recently read Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for school and was quite impressed.

This is the best week ever! I haven't had any school all week and I have gotten to be lazy and sleep! :)

The book is suppose to come today! I am sitting by the front window waiting anxiously for it to come!

The book is here!!! But I opened up the cover and it was signed to a guy named Michael from Mother Dolores Hart... What should I do? :idontknow:

Hm, that's unfortunate. It looks as if there was a mix-up of some kind. I would suggest contacting the provider and letting them know that you got the wrong book. Maybe they'll let you ship Michael's book back and then send you a new copy. :)

Ugh, I am not paticent enough! I am just going to read it. My brother wouldn't tell me the provider so I asked him if he would contact them but he said no....

Now time to go write a paper that was due two weeks ago ( postponed because of snow).

Say a prayer to St. Cecilia for me! I gave a solo and ensemble competition on Saturday. I am playing Carnival by Couperin. It isn't a hard piece I just kind of forgot about the competition being this close. I picked up my clarinet and played this song for the first time in two weeks today... :paperbag:

• 2 weeks later...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while! I have been really busy!

So.... Life is looking up right now!

Mrs. P (my principal) called me into her office a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I would apply for the diocese pro-life scholarship. I could get $500 off of tuition next year; which would be a huge help to my family, and it would look good on college resumes. I am having Fr. B write the letter of recommendation for it since he is the head of pro-life stuff and he works with me on pro-life stuff a lot.

Also my regional coordinator from SFLA sent me an invitation to apply for a summer conference/camp that SFLA does. You can only apply if you have been invited and it is not that much work to fill out the application so I am going to try! (Oh and I also need another recommendation thing so F. B had agreed to write that also!)

(More awe.some pro-life news)

Today at school we had a chastity speaker come in and speak and with him came the diocese's pro-life director. The talk was good and it got me out of class for 1.5 hours! After the talk I went up to my locker to get my books to go to Biology and Fr. B saw me in the hallway and said, "Carter have you met *pro-life director's name*?" I said no and he said to follow him; so I followed. He introduced me to her and she said that she was quite impressed with me; that Fr. had told her about the group and me. (Father called her one of his "mothers" in the diocese and they get along quite well.) Father told the woman that he would be writing my letter of recommendation for the scholarship and she said that if he agreed to do that than he must be impressed with me. She also said that she would be one of the judges and was looking forward to seeing my application! I am in pro-life heaven right now!!!

Prayers that everything goes okay please!

Thanks TT!

Today at Mass I had to serve and when Father was going through the announcements he made mistake so I whispered to him. And then he was just like I just said that. Me: No you said 11:30 not 1:30....

Father (with mic): Thank you Carter for the correction, it is 1:30. Thank goodness someone will correct me...

That was the second time I had to correct him in an announcement in the last several months. The other priest (head pastor in parish) was in the back of church and he was trying to get Father's attention to correct him. After Mass head priest was just like thank you for correcting him so I didn't have to! Get it together Father... Get it together! :p 

• 2 weeks later...

I need spring break and Lent to be over. I am emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted! I need my fiction books, Carter gets cranky when she doesn't get her fiction fix. It is like caffeine to me! 

I went to Confession and Mass today. The school told us yesterday that we would be allowed to go to Confession so of course I made a list (I have to make a list for everything!) I went to Fr. B (SD) and he gave me a decade of the Rosary (Any Mystery, I asked) to mediate on for at least 15 minutes. 30 would be better he said though. I walked out of the confessional and went to do my penance but everyone was being so loud in the church (only one teacher was there and she was a non-Catholic)! I tried to do my penance but the noise kept on bothering me since I was surrounded by it, I wasn't allowed to go off someplace quiet like I like to do. I remember I had my headphones and phone on me so I put them in (watching so the teacher didn't see) and put on some piano music. I turned it up loud enough to block out the noise around me but not loud enough to break my meditation. The piano music was 17 minutes long, I was only half way through the decade when it went off. So then I put on some plainchant; yeah, I do have chant on my phone... I was about 3/4 through the decade when they told everyone it was time to go. I was to deep in some type of state and didn't notice anyone leaving. They left me! Fr. B came out of the confessional and saw me sitting there and tapped me on the shoulder asking me why I was still there. I looked around and didn't see my classmates or anyone around so I just said I was finishing my penance. He looked at me and said, "With headphones?" I said that everyone was too loud so I needed music. Then he pulled my headphones out and listened to what I was listening to. It was on Dies Israe. He had a smile on his face, said good choice, and told me to get to class.

There were about 6 minutes left until school ended by the time I got back.

My classmates were discussing penances afterward and everyone got 2 Our Fathers or 3 Hail Marys. I was the only one who had a decade and was suppose to mediate on it for 15-30 minutes. I thought that was funny.

Better get to bed soon! I have to serve a funeral tomorrow and help my mom with the palms for Palm Sunday.