An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

I have poison ivy again... I had it like three weeks ago, it went away but now it is back...

Grandma has a new baby calf; I named her Hope because I think Granddaddy would have liked that name.

I turned in my SFLA application and they asked me for an interview. I have passed round one now time for round two! Only 7 pro-life high school leaders get selected to go to this conference in the nation so I am just a tad bit nervous. And this will be my first interview ever. It is a phone interview so I will not have to worry about clothes (it is scheduled for 30 minutes after school so that is good) but I don't know what type of questions they will ask. Does anybody have any ideas?

Say an extra prayer for me right now; struggling with some discernment stuff. Thanks! :)

Going on retreat this summer maybe! It isn't a discernment retreat but I will get to live in with some sisters with other girls for about a week. My cousin asked me to go and I am a little reluctant to say yes for three reasons: 1) three hour drive to the retreat house 2) starts one day after I get back from a leadership retreat and 3) the dress code... The dress code is long skirts (mid calves) so right now I am looking for long skirts/dresses that are not tight and are long. Looking for long close for a tall person is almost impossible... Yesterday I did find one cute dress that was a maxi dress and was a little tight (style) but looked pretty modest; all I will have to do is wear a sweater/cardigan with it (since no shoulders). Struggling to find ultra modest clothing that is cute right now y'all!

I need some sleep! I got home around 9 last night and still had to do homework, get a shower, and do some other stuff. We have two tennis matches this week (besides the one last night) and they are both away. And there will be like a test in every class this week; I probably just had one of the hardest geometry test today.... 

The SFLA interview is on Thursday so if you can keep me in your prayers that would be great! 

In Christ et Pax!

The interview went okay! It lasted for like 30 minutes so I guess that is a good sign! I should hear something by May 1st. Prayers please! 

TheresaThoma

The interview went okay! It lasted for like 30 minutes so I guess that is a good sign! I should hear something by May 1st. Prayers please! 

​Good to hear it went ok. I'll be praying.

For the long modest skirts I just found these at JC Penny. They are long and super comfortable. http://www.jcpenney.com/st-johns-bay-tiered-knit-maxi-skirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5005210506&catId=cat100250097&deptId=dept20000013&&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0319201517024414M.tif

I'm about 5'8" and the are to my ankles. You can pair it with a simple polo or tee shirt and I'm sure it would meet dress code. Kohls and Target currently have some maxi skirts that might also work. I'm so glad that maxi skirts and long skirts in general are in fashion right now. It makes dressing modestly easier.

Remember that you can wear the same bottom multiple times and just switch up the top. So for a week you would probably need 3-4 skirts or dresses max. plus a 6-7 tee shirts and maybe a cardigan or two.

​Good to hear it went ok. I'll be praying.

For the long modest skirts I just found these at JC Penny. They are long and super comfortable. http://www.jcpenney.com/st-johns-bay-tiered-knit-maxi-skirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5005210506&catId=cat100250097&deptId=dept20000013&&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0319201517024414M.tif

I'm about 5'8" and the are to my ankles. You can pair it with a simple polo or tee shirt and I'm sure it would meet dress code. Kohls and Target currently have some maxi skirts that might also work. I'm so glad that maxi skirts and long skirts in general are in fashion right now. It makes dressing modestly easier.

Remember that you can wear the same bottom multiple times and just switch up the top. So for a week you would probably need 3-4 skirts or dresses max. plus a 6-7 tee shirts and maybe a cardigan or two.

​Thanks TT for the link and for the prayers! That is a cute skirt! I found a maxi dress at a store that is striped and I will pair up a red sweater with it to add some color. Also I found a half-calve hitting white linen skirt that I will probably wear for two days with different tops. 

Still haven't heard anything about interview! 

cartermia

Okay I didn't get it... But they told me my application and interview was good but I needed more experience. They told me to reapply next year and I might *hint* get it! 

Please keep me and my family in your prayers. My father was rushed to the ER last night and passed away. He was only 46. I will write more later sometime but please prayer for the repose of his soul and so that my family will have the strength to carry on. Thank you all so much1

TheresaThoma

Carter, 

I will be praying. Loosing your dad is really hard, especially suddenly and unexpectedly. Take care of yourself and your family. The advice I always give is to eat and remember to sleep. It is easy to forget to do both of those but it is always harder when you are hungry and/or tired. 

:console: :amen:

Thanks,

TT, I promised Fr. B (my SD) when he stopped by that I would remember to eat and would help mom remember to eat.

My siblings and I have split up duties; I have phone/door duty and they have mom duty. They said if I could do that then they could take care of the comforting so I quickly agreed. It will just be mom and me this summer so I will do that then.

Thank you all so much!

TheresaThoma

It sounds like you have it pretty well covered. I offered Mass for your dad and your family today.

(Another thing I remember being helpful is each sibling and mom being responsible for contacting specific family members. It takes the burden off one person and that way information gets conveyed quickly and you don't forget someone.)

Thanks for the mass TT! 

The funeral was yesterday. It was very nice; it was a Protestant service held in a Catholic Church. Dad would have liked that. 

Thank you all for your prayers! 

Finals week is here! With everything with dad and granddaddy this past semester I can barely remember anything we learned... Mrs. P (principal) said I didn't have to come back to school and Fr. B (SD and School Chaplin) said if I came back than I didn't have to take exams. I am going to take some exams but not Geometry (because it will not benefit my grade) and History (because I am mentally unprepared). The religion is easy and so are Spanish, English, and Biology. Accounting will be the only challenging one and Mrs. C (teacher) said that I only had to take half of it if I wanted to.

I am thankful that the teachers are being nice and I am glad that we only have 2.5 days left!!!! I just need to rest and scream and try to wrap my mind around all this. I need to read my books (I have read 8 in 1.5 weeks... I needed to keep my mind occupied) and go work out in the garden. I just want something to be normal.

Finals update: A+ in Religion and will not have to take Spanish.

Earlier I talked about a retreat I was going to go to this summer; well I am not. I thought Dad had registered me but he hadn't and it is booked so it looks like I will not be going on a retreat this summer! Oh well; now I can maybe do this pro-life thing I have planned.