An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Volleyball starts next week so it better heal by then! 

Can you all say a prayer for my Aunt A, she is 96 (I think...) and is in hospice. She hasn't eaten or drank for the past two weeks. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. 

So I asked my mom if I could not go to Aunt A's funeral. I went to the visitation tonight and I could hardly bare it. I feel like I am being selfish by not going though. Instead of going I will help with a summer camp I have been planning to help with since last year. Mom told me that I have already paid my respects so I should be fine. 

I served a funeral on Saturday but I didn't know the woman and the funeral was Catholic. Dad and Aunt A's weren't/will not be, they were Protestant. I just cannot bear to go to another family member's funeral. 

I guess I will go and help with the camp which means I better get to bed since I have to get up in the morning. 

I'm probably the worst person on updates in the summer! Mea culpa! 

Today I will head off to my camp and it will hopefully be fun and get my mind off of stuff. 

Ive been reading a lot lately and playing the piano but not much else. 

I need to go finish up some stuff before I go off to camp so I better get it done! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got back from camp last week and it was amesome! One of my friend's (Mae) birthday is a month after mine so we are playing a combined sweet sixteen campfire at the camp grounds in October. I'm in charge of invitations so I'm going to make them. I'm drawing the final copy now and my brother is going to make the card he said. It will be fun I hope! 

School starts in 12 days... my preparation for my consecration starts in 4 days... My 16th birthday is in 37 days... Dad's 4 month anniversary of his passing is in 38 days... Too many number's and I cannot find a numerical sequence with it.... 

I have been having twilight devils the past few nights. I am doubting lots of things in my life and its really getting to me. Prayers please! 

TheresaThoma

Twilight devils are the worst, as hard as it is try to focus on something good. I will pray for you.

Thanks TT! Even the Rosary won't help it! (Been doing Glorious, luminous. And joyful because the sorrowful mysteries make me think about stuff even more.) 

I am on day 2 of my preparation for my consecration. I am doubting if I should do the consecration right now, I know its crazy. If I needed the consecration anytime in my life it is right now. I will continue on with the preparation, I can always stop if I am not ready. 

I go back to school in 5 days... Way too sad! This summer hasn't been a summer, its just been time off from school for me to over analyze everything in my life. 

Okay I have my summer reading assignment done and my paper that was assigned today. I have Fr. B (SD) as my religion teacher this year. He was the only teacher that gave us homework. 

• 2 weeks later...

First full week of school is done and I am ready for summer! It is going to be hard and rough year I can tell. I am going to be emotionally worn out (and physically) but I will embrace this trial and hopefully be able to learn something from it. I am thankful that Joey (the guy who called me a self centered s**t and who had a  crush on me freshmen year) transferred to a different school. That was some good news. 

My siblings go back to college tomorrow so it will just be my mom, my dog, and me at my house. It is going to be hard. I will get the full fire of my mom's emotions and attention so this is going to be hard.  My dad won't be here to help me with math or have philosophical/theological/musical discussions with. To say the least not having dad is going to be the hardest. 

His cell phone voicemail is still activated, I called it the other night when I was having my twilight devils (ended up going to bed around 4 that night..) and just cried into the phone. I'm just done emotionally. 

Prayers please for everything! 

TheresaThoma

Carter I've been in a very similar pair of shoes and all I can really say is, it s*cks. (Sorry to be blunt but I learned early on the normal "comforting" phrases really don't help) The shock isn't there anymore, but the pain still is. But you find that somehow you keep on going. Birthdays, holidays, anniversaries will be hard. You just find a new normal, one awkward step at a time. I wanted to type more but basically the most comforting thing I can say is it s*cks. And for me over three years later it still s*cks, it just hurts a bit less.

PM me if you want, whenever you need. Its hard being the sibling at home, and I know it is more than just needing help with math that you want your dad there but if you need I'm pretty decent at math as well.

:console:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TT! Thank you for saying that its not going to get better or go back to normal. I have heard too many people spewing that BS at me lately.  Thank you so much for your offer to PM you and for the math help. I may have to take you up on that. I just got a F on a test... I was really not prepared for it. Stupid Alegbra II!