An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Well, I got back last night and I fell right to sleep not even changing my clothes. It was very fun and I learned a lot. My brother goes to college down around there and he went out to eat with my father and me on Friday and then he went to the concert on Saturday. I haven't seen him for a while so it was good to see him.

ChristinaTherese

That's what I did with my midterm for one class. It was stupid. You might want to learn from that and not stay up way too late finishing your paper if you can help it.

I talked to my school's principal about starting a Student for Life group and she totally okay with the idea. She told me she wanted to be there every step of the way and I might talk to Fr. soandso to see if he would be our advisor. So I went and talked to him and he said he had been thinking about starting a group like that. I guess I was actually ahead of everybody! I just got some of the free stuff from the website (studentsforlife.org) and now all I have to do is plan the first meeting, get posters made, send a letter to the bishop inviting him to our first meeting and a bunch of other things. I am going to get this all done before March 18, when our 3rd quarter ends.

I was also thinking of having a special mass if the bishop come before the meeting, and have it for the pro-life movement. Also I thought Blessed John Paul II (to be canonized on April 27! Exactly a year after I took him to be my Confirmation saint!) as our patron saint.

I guess that is all that is going on in my life right now, well I better start planning!

Update on SFL (students for life) (more like a check list for me):

Things done:

emailed Diocese to see if any other schools have any pro-life clubs,

emailed SFL person for activism kit and event-in-a-box kit

made some posters

made a constitution

made a mission statement

set a meeting date with head priest in my parish

talk to some teachers to see if they would be interested in being the sponsor/advisor of the group

Things need to be done:

get more posters made

write a speech to present to Fr. soandso

get kits from SFL

write letter to the bishop

see if we can have a mass said before the first meeting

have a teacher say they will be a sponsor/advisor

get educated myself

Is there anything else I am missing or should do? I really don't know since this is my first time doing something like this. I usually chicken out right before I say something to administration about  a problem or issue.

Oh and I got a 95% on my Spanish test (good for not studying) and an 91.5% on my math test (also good for not studying). Now if I would only study I could have a hundreds on every test, but I have a lot of more important issues to solve and things to do then go over my math for and hour.

ChristinaTherese

Good for you on starting doing that! Do you know of any other student interest? If you're planning on having a club, it's easier if it isn't a one-girl-show to run it, at least in the long run. For one thing, that means it doesn't die when you graduate. Have you talked to other students about this?

Yeah, I have made sure that students in the grades lower than me would be interested but I have also made sure that we are going to start off strong. I just have to start it and kind of be the leader for the next year until the elections and then maybe someone else will step up and be the leader or I may have to keep on being the leader. People always told me I was a leader, I always told them no but it is a part of me that cannot be stopped!

I will be serving for the bishop two times today! I have already served a funeral mass for a priest who passed away (he was related to me) and in about two and half hours I will serve Confirmation with him and all of the priest and seminarians he brings.

Welp, the serving went well yesterday!

Tomorrow is the solo and ensemble competition, I will play the clarinet. I will play trio and minuet a wind ensemble by Mozart. Kinda of nervous!   

I got a TWO!!! The best is 1 and the worst is 4. 1 is perfect, 2 is some mistakes, 3 lots of mistakes, and 4 is awful (shouldn't even pick up an instrument.

Now it is off to go to my grandparent's house since we are suppose to get 6-8 of snow tomorrow.