An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Thanks!

No School today and a two hour delay tomorrow (so far :) ) !!! I have my paper done, it was postponed to Wednesday, now it will be Thursday!

ChristinaTherese

I wish we had that.... It wasn't exactly the best day for fasting. I didn't know how much food helps me think. (I ended up giving up on homework until I made myself a nice, filling lunch. Then when I only had a croissant for dinner I was just so tired trying to do my homework.... Does giving up and reading a book when I have things coming due make me a horrible person?)

Nope, it makes you human!

Math test tomorrow. :sad:

Got yelled at for not bringing my clarinet to school, but I sweet talked my way out of a detention.

Ancilla Domini

I found the Sister Act (1&2) on TV!!!

Ok, so can you tell me what Sister Act is about? When I first saw it advertised, it looked like it was ridiculing, but from what I hear about it on Phatmass, it seems it's not. What's the scoop?

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Well, Sr. Mary Clarence (not really a nun) just witnessed a murder so she goes into hiding in the convent. She basically transforms the choir into a broad way musical (or at least the music) and she come to love religious life even though she doesn't enter. Basic plot line, and I loved it.

My brain is fried from the math test. My teacher didn't teacher us half of what was on the test.  

Well... if you are not the only student who didn't learn the math... it would seem to me that the TEACHER is the one who failed the test.

I liked Sister Act - not so much the sequel.   It is funny and silly.... but there is a core that is loving and not in the least bit disrespectful when one looks beyond the silliness.   But it is INTENDED to be silly.   Think kind of like The Flying Nun...or the wonderful book on which The Flying Nun is based, The Sixteenth Pelican by Tere Rios.   If you haven't read that, find it--you may be able to get it from a library or through interlibraray loan (ask a librarian what that is if you don't know)!!!!!!!   It's hilarious, but there is a real love for religious life at the core.....

my teacher is there to teach us how to do math but he says he is there for teaching us how to become independent thinkers, only that.

ChristinaTherese

Do you have any way to give the school feedback about that teacher? The administration might like to know if one of their math teachers doesn't teach math....

We have told Mrs. P over and over again but she thinks Mr. H. is the Messiah of math or something.

They may re-think the coming of this 'messiah' if all the disciples muck up their math.   Grrrrrrrr.

I dislike my principal and math teacher. My principal is nice but also very out there. My mother says on older lady in the parish knows more about what is going on with the school then Mrs. P does.

I haven't found out what I got on my math test yet... I am dying from wanting to know what I got! GRRR...